Please help still unable to login and reactivate

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by samuelw, Sep 19, 2013.

1. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Please help:
    Purchased lifetime license at first opportunity. I have not been able to log in since the server change. Up until the last build I was still able to play but because I could not log in the update feature was not available for me. Wanting the update feature I tried to fix it. In a previous post several opined my problem was related to my computer. The result of trying to fix my problem was the loss of the ability to even drive rF2. Well, a new Samsung 840 pro 129gb, a fresh install of win 7, and a fresh install of rF2 and I still can't log in. I get a "no credentials exist " message. Thus I can't reactivate. I really like rF2 and desperately want to drive it again. I really don't know much about win7 (in college I took the first year of computer science but in those days we used an IBM 360 mainframe and card readers).

During my attempts to login and reactivate I did request and receive a new password thinking I had my original password wrong but to no avail. In trying to diagnose my inability to log in I see that I do not have a C:\Users\<name>\Appdata\roaming\rFactor folder! I have attempted every way from Sunday to give everybody in the Solar System permission to write this folder but it doesn't exist. Out of curiosity when and how is it created?

At this point I only have win 7 and rF2 installed on my SSD so a reformat would be no problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Sincerely
    Sam

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It is created when you activate. I assume you did that? Go to purchase tab, select reactivate.

3. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Can't reactivate without logging in which results in message "no account exists with these credentials". When I next try to sign in from the purchase tab I get "Error:Invalid login." I have tried everything I can think of including turning off the firewall. I have also sent a copy of this plea for help to rF2 support that included my original purchase number.

I thought starting from scratch would eliminate whatever I have done to the win7 settings.
    Again thanks for your response.
    Sam

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013
  4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That specific message simply means your login is wrong. You should be using the same email as you are on this forum: am**jo*@yahoo.com and I can reset your password if you want?

5. samuelw

samuelw Registered

I reset my password again last night after after my last post (the new password was sent to the email I used last night) but I still cannot log in. The email you mention is the email I used to purchase the game and is where the original purchase confirmation was sent.
    Sam

6. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Problem solved. I don't know whether I'm an idiot or not but copying and pasting the reset password worked when literally dozens of times of manually entering the password failed.
    Thanks again for your efforts Tim.
    Sam
    PS You do a great job with this board. Tell your boss I said to give you a raise.