Please help server crash new UI

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by kokpit, Feb 14, 2022.

1. kokpit

kokpit Registered

Hi All,

I could use some help please, When the new UI update came out a couple of weeks back I had the server crashing when rolling to warm up as did a few others as per thread here (https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/dedicated-server-crashes-after-session-switch.71162/

I updated and installed the update on my server and have been having problems the whole time.

I have reinstalled steamcmd and reinstalled new servers loaded my mods and still have the same problem.

Which is when rolling between sessions it can take a min of 5 secs to show the other cars in server and when we go to race it can crash the server still.

So after hours and hours of trying different things I decided to start from scratch so I followed this thread by studio 397 - https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/setting-up-a-dedicated-server

And still im getting the same results yet if I roll back to the old ui and run the server under old ui everything runs fine no delays between sessions and no crashing.

Is there something I’m missing do you have to open another port I don’t know about in firewall for the new ui or is there a line in a config file I need to change ?

Please someone help its been two weeks of hours and hours trying to sort this.

I run a server on my network which runs - windows server 2016, ive added a pic of my server info

It does it with AI cars and with 2 to 17 members online with me.

Thanks Booker
    server info.jpg

2. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, have you tried running it as Administrator ?
    What CPU usage you get when it runs ?

3. kokpit

kokpit Registered

Yes have tried running as admin and cpu is at about 30 to 40 % when server is running with people on it. but again the old ui version server has

Edit: Just found a program coming on increasing cpu usage have stopped that now sits with 20 + on at about 6% but still slow to load cars between sessions takes about 5 to 6 seconds for cars to show up which was causing the crashes i think

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
  4. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Not the CPU, not the RAM ... Next possibility is Disk usage ...
    Make sure your disk/partition is not full.
    Disable replay save ... Server saves replays and logs ...That also can slow the server and cause some issues i suppose ...

Also you can try to run the server in "higher priority". I run it as a service and have this option, that can also be modified with the task manager ... right click on the task and modify the option to "above normal" ...
    Don't go too high as it can slow down the Windows system tasks which will be worst !!!

5. kokpit

kokpit Registered

Update: first off thanks for your help.
    I found some things on the server that were running that were conflicting with the new ui for some reason i stopped these and we ran last night with 20 and no crash although there is still a delay between sessions for cars to drop in. But at least its not crashing.

But now i have another problem as where a car is on its side or rolled it starts jumping around and glitching which we didn't have before, I presumed it was the crash recovery glitching so i went into the player.json to turn that of but every time i set the champ crash recovery to 0 and start the server it reverts back to 3 which flip back and put on track but all the other crash recovery's stay at the 0 i set any help on this would be greatly appreciated. i have attached a picture of the json file

playerjson.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered