Please advice set up

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by No96, Dec 8, 2014.

1. No96

No96 Registered

Hi I am really new to sims but having used a sim with r factor.

I want to have one a home now. My PC is i7 (windows 8) and not bad spec - I use if for doing bits of HD editing so I hope that will be ok.

My concerns are, if I buy the wrong hardware > I was looking at fanatec clubsport and or trustmaster T500RS (F1 wheel) and same pedal set.. not sure which is a better??
    And if any work better or do not work with Rfactor2.

I just want to get it up and running asap. Just need to order parts without too much complication. I am not aiming to build to the highest spec - just a playseat with one monitor - the main thing is, I just want good driver input and feedback through the wheel (accuracy) and pedals with feel. As I want to use it to build up circuit knowledge over winter before next year.

If I buy a RFactor Disc, will all the UK circuits be on that? and single seater cars? or you download these?

Sorry for my ignorance. I have only just started looking into this seriously but want to get a set up before Christmas if possible..

Any advice appreciated. Thanks...

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Confused mate.

Is this using your existing tower, if so can you give some specs please, i7 sounds good for s start.

Or do you want to build new one.

What is your complete budget including , Monitor, headphones, playseat , Tower, Wheels / Pedals.

rFactor2 does not come on disc as a single install.
    rFacor2 comes in a Build and separate packages for each car and track.

All you need to do is download some or all of the content on this page..........

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/

I pretty sure yu do not mean rFactor like why would anyone want that when you have rFactor2.

I mean it is a great sim just rFactor2 is much much better. .................................imho

3. No96

No96 Registered

Thanks for the link and advice on software :)

The original post was about specific hardware compatibility and quality (thrustmaster t500rs F1 vs Fanatec Clubsport), wheels and pedals for rfactor 2

I will answer the questions you put to me Durge as you or someone may have some more constructive advice, just hope this does not go too off topic and I get some answers about my original questions.

I am NOT looking to build some amazing set up. As stated again below, (sorry to repeat myself)

" I am just buying a playseat and using one monitor" That is the goal.

The main thing is, I just want good driver input and feedback through the wheel (accuracy) and pedals with feel...
    Basically, I do not want an arcade machine, if it did not feel right I'd be disappointed!

I have only driven a professional sim used for training racing drivers, so I do not know what to expect from the kit I am looking at buying.
    If I spend more Money than buying a play seat + these types of wheels and pedal sets I may as well keeping using this professional training facility.

Yes RFactor 2! > : I was looking at fanatec clubsport and or trustmaster T500RS (F1 wheel) and same pedal set..
    not sure which is a better?? And if any work better or do not work with Rfactor2."

Yes using my existing tower! >: " My PC is i7 (windows 8)

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 3.9 GHz with TurboBoost, 8 MB cache)
    Operating system: Windows 8
    Storage: 2 TB HDD 7200 rpm + 1TB exturnal
    RAM: 16 GB DDR3 (upgrade possible to 32GB)
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    Graphics card memory: 1.5 GB GDDR5
    Motherboard: Intel Z87
    Wireless: 802.11 b/g/n
    Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)
    USB: USB 3.0 x 4, USB 2.0 x 4
    Video interface: HDMI x 1, DisplayPort x 1- DVI x 2
    Expansion card slot: PCIe x 1, PCIe (x16) x 1
    Sound: Beats Audio Console, High Definition Audio 7.1
    PSU: 460 W

My budget is the cost of that kit mentioned (Thrustmaster T500RS with F1 wheel and pedals or a Fantec Clubsport and pedal) + a F1 type seat or build one for same price.
    That is all I want!! I do not need the best graphics as long as they are clear and don't effect use,

I am limited for space and budget has to viable otherwise I won't be having one and will be using the one I used before.

Thanks again :)

4. Emery

Emery Registered

I'm not a user of either, but from what I've read: Thrustmaster has fewer complaints while Fanatec is prettier, both get the job done better than Logitech G27.

5. No96

No96 Registered

Thanks Emery.