Please add random mechanical failures

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sigma7, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Sigma7

Sigma7 Registered

Hello all,

first i have to say rF2 is a great sim. Driving feels very believable to me. One thing that bothers me a lot in all modern racing sims is that there aren't any random mechanical failures (i've never played iracing so i can't say how mech failures are implemented in this sim). I really can't understand why such a basic aspect of motor racing is missing in modern sims. I don't get that point.
    Before some whiners come along: make it optional and everybody will be happy. If you don't like it, turn it off. You could add another option: time scaled/normal/random. It can't be that difficult to program a random generator. The AI can suffer random failures and the fact the player can not makes racing a little boring and partly predictable.
    Back in the days F1 Racing Simulation, Racing Simulation 2 and the entire Grand Prix-series (to name but a few) had this feature and it was pure fun (for me). It is part of motor racing, period. Again, make it optional and there wouldn't be any problem. That would be like christmas to me. Despite that, great racing sim and it's nice that the development is going on. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Sigma7

Edit: i'm not talking about changing lifetimeVar and lifetimeAvg values. That's not the same.
    This thread with discussion is also in the wish lists-category.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019