Player Name= in Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Butch Nackley, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

SOLVED

I have noticed a few times that when I go Online my Player Name="xxxxxx" is displayed as opposed to my Player Nick="xxxxxx". These being the names in the Player.PLR file.
    It doesn't happen all the time and it is not new to this current build, as it has happened some since I got the game at build 107.

I have tried leaving a session and restating rFactor2. Tried restarting my PC. Tried renaming my Player Nick= (which I noticed got changed back to orginial). I haven't traced down an exact pattern of what makes it switch to my Player Nick. Like I said sometimes it will, orthers it won't. Last night for instance I was in a few sessions using the Skip Barber cars and my Player Name was displayed. I later left that server and went to one where I had to use the Get Mod feature. Once the install was complete and I joined, my Player Nick= was being displayed.

It is probably near 50-50 as to which name will be displayed in a Multiplayer event. I think it should be Player Nick 100% of the time when in Multiplayer, shouldn't it?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2012
  2. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

It is a setting on the server - you can force display of real name but by default it is off (not enforced, nickname is displayed).

3. Butch Nackley

Butch Nackley Registered

Okay, thank you :)

4. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

And if you change your name in your player file it won't change in game anyway, need to use the player name change program (unless this has changed with the new build).