Player Configurable Chat Window

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Deadpedal, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Request the ability for the player to configure the in-car chat window from .PLR or multiplayer.ini files for:
    (1) Height (in number of lines)
    (2) Length (number of characters)
    (3) location on screen
    (4) time on screen (seconds until fade out or persist)
    (5) font (point size, pitch, boldness, colour, contrast between old lines and new)

(1) I'd like to have more lines available especially when messages are coming often. Too many times, important messages have scrolled out of sight before I could divert my eyes to the chat box.
    (2) The ability to limit the length this keeps the chat box out from under Trackmap plugin display objects near the centre of my screen
    (3) The ability to place the window higher on the screen is my objective here...lateral placement might be a greater concern for multi-monitor users.
    (4) When I cannot divert my attention from driving, I find critical messages have faded away before I have time focus on the text!
    (5) I personally find the huge, squat, overly-bold font currently used is just plain hard to read quickly. A point size selection between 14 and 26 is probably adequate for most folks. The line thickness/boldness is overkill even for a tired old CRT monitor and the character pitch takes far too much eye movement to recognize a word on screen. I don't really have much an issue with the colour, and the contrast settings though.

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

(6) Enable ONLY racecontrol messages (admin clients and server)