Pitstop at end of warmup lap did not work

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MarcoSaupe, Dec 2, 2017.

1. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

Hi

this week we had a race at Poznan (build 1109) where very light rain started at the end of the warmup (we use a real weather plugin), but since the road was still completely dry I started on slicks. However during the warmup lap to the rolling start (with pacecar) it started to get really wet, so I decided to enter the pits immediately at the end of the warmup lap, with 3 or 4 cars behind me joining in.
    I did request the pitstop, I could see the markings on the pitstall and stopped right there... but nothing happened. I moved back and forth a few times, but still nothing happened, so I had to leave the pits with slicks and try to pit again later, where then it worked as usual. The other cars entering the pits behind me were serviced however. Well, that cost me the chance at the championship...

When I check the replay I think, that I crossed the pitentry line just before the green light for the race start was given, while the cars behind entered after that. So could it be that there is a bug, where a pitstop at a rolling start is not working when the pits are entered before the green light?

Thanks
    Marco

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Known bug coming from b1108 one year ago. The modifications made for stock car races spoiled several of the regular features.

Despite it would seem straightforward to revert to previous rules this hasn't happened. Devs haven't offered an explanation about why is not reverted.

It was promised by Marcel in Discord, after a lot of writing in the forums, that it would be solved before the end of the year.

@Marcel Offermans
    Any news about this?