pitlane speed limit

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Intimidator, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Intimidator

Intimidator Registered

Can someone please help me with the pitlane speed limit:

There are some tracks, where the AI seems to disrespect the speed limit on pitentry and slow down somewhere in the middle of the pit road (e.g. Hockenheim v1.1 by Tommy78).
    I have found some information that on original rfactor2-tracks there is the wp_wpse value in the AIW in use, to make AI respect the start of the speed limit. But most of all converted track don't use this. And there also see,s to be a differece between the waypoint where the AI slows down to and the waypoint, where the limit defenetely counts (e.g. rf2s Zandvoort).

Where is the information, from which waypoint the speed limit starts and where you can turn the speed limiter of. The AIW did not give proper information to me. But there must be an explicit definition of the beginning and the end of the pitlane, where you have to respect the speed limit.

Which file defines exactly the speed limit area where the speeding penalties are related to?
    :(

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

XPITIN and XPITOUT objects, I think. They should be in place before you build the AIW, then the game will generate the AIW parameters to suit.

3. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

There's also a "Special Slowdown" waypoint that's placed directly before the XPITIN

SS

4. Intimidator

Intimidator Registered

Yes, thanks - now I can slightly remember something like that in rf1.
    That is just too long ago.
    ;)
    Thank you again, guys!