Pit menu shortcut ? What is possible to map ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alexish657, Aug 3, 2023.

1. alexish657

alexish657 Registered

Hey there,

I've already search the web about it but I can't find anything.

I'm looking for a solution to be able to do the following action with a shortcut button
    -Pit menu clear all tire (No tire change on this pit stop)
    -Pit menu no fuel ( no fuel added on this pit stop on a Stop and Go penalty for example)
    -Pit menu no damage repair (no damage repair on a pit stop if the damage is not important)

I've tried to find a solution mixed with Crewchief, but with shortcut key because the voice commande doesn't work all the time. I've manage to trigger the voice commande "pitstop clear all" to clear all the pit menu command and turn them off, however I can't find where this command is in Crew Chief to map a shortcut key instead of the voice command.

2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

In Crew Chief:
    1. Click Add/Remove Actions
    2. Select Additional available actions Pitstop clear all and the others
    3. Press >> to add it to Current available actions
    4. Click Save Profile settings and restart
    5. Select from Available controllers
    6. Select Pitstop clear all in Available actions
    7. Click Assign control
    8. Press the shortcut key

3. alexish657

alexish657 Registered

thanks a lot sir ! The Crewchief UI seems to confuse me a little, I didn't notice the Add Remove actions.

I did the step that you posted above, however I got another problem. Even if I correctly map a keyboard shortcut on a specific action and then use this Keyboard shortcut on my Stream deck, the actions doesn't trigger in RF2. For exemple, I try the Clear All action mapped on the keyboard key M. In RF2, I call a pitstop and then press the key M, Crewchief understand the action, however nothing happen in RF2, the pit menu doesn't change. Like I said, I manage couple time to trigger the action by voice command which then clear the pit menu, however it doesn't seems to work with a simple keyboard shortcut. Do you why ? Thanks

4. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Yes you're right, there's a bug in the code that means keyboard shortcuts use the iRacing pit handler. It will be fixed in the next release.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2023
  5. alexish657

alexish657 Registered

Oh ok, I hope it will be fixed. I will try to map it to my steering wheel instead