Pit crew gone in build 60?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jorgen, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

I know it was only placeholders, but the red flashing rectangle and the red arrows hanging from the sky is a horrible replacement. Feels a lot like going back to Race07 (Simbin title) for some reason. I take it the pit crew will be back in future builds, right?

2. ozleem

ozleem Registered

I hope so.
    I am not a fan of this red box it's hard to see when I pit.

3. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Pit crews were placeholder either way, so taking them out and replacing them with another placeholder for now made sense, until we can use more advanced animations :) .

4. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

I always chuckled to myself whenever I pitted in the 60's cars, those guys with all that gear looked so out of place.
    Definite Time Warp ;)

5. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Thanks for the heads-up Luc! :)

6. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Hah hah same. Graham hill would pull up and say "Alpine stars? What are a bunch of skiers doing chaging my tyres" lmao.

Personally I'm just excited to see the final fully animated pit crew, I know it'll be awesome.

7. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

I love to drive between a lot of people when pitting. I found nothing in change log about "another placeholder". So I would appreciate to get the pitcrew(placeholder) back, please

Can you provide a download for the old pitcrew? Otherwise I have to reinstall the game etc....

BTW, "left" and "right" pitcrew never worked, please fix this issue for final release.

8. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Well, the previous placeholder wasn't meant to be included in the first place :) .

9. RayH

RayH Registered

There is no truth to the rumor that the entire pit crew was sacked for failure to meet timing requirements. The rumor is that 'mangement' did it as an example to put the 'fear of god' into the animations. It is hoped that there will be much more 'snap to it' on the part of the marshal and crowd animations now that they know that 'no one is irreplacable'.

10. Dukowski

Dukowski Registered

I had to make my first post ever just to say. Bravo sir I spit my cereal everywhere!

11. Andy_R

Andy_R Registered

I can't be the only one hoping the 1960's pit crew have flat caps, and none of this lollipop stuff.
    Instead of a lollipop lift I'd like a 'bang on the helmet' and an audio saying 'There you go old boy'
    To add to the immersion it would also help if the guy with the fuel can has a lit pipe in his mouth or hand!

12. RayH

RayH Registered

;)

Awesome potential for animation variations.

13. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

Having the PitCrew able to move and change tires/fuel is going to be the Best thing to immerse you into the game- Just seeing the pit crews running around the cars while either driving past pit lane or gong into pits is/would be Great

14. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I would love this to bits! I'd also like to see the guy with the chequered flag stood on the track, they didn't have towers in the 60's. It would have awesome impact and also you should get an extra 10 points for wiping him out :p

p.s 10 out of 10 for making me visualise your idea, I can see it all if I close my eyes. The speech variation should also inlcude 'toodle pip' lmao.

15. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

I'm glad the new pitbox indicator is only a placeholder.. coz I hate the thing.. it looks like I'm playing some Playstation Game.

But they say patience is a virtue.. and I need as much of them as I can get these days.

Laughed too hard at Andy_R's post

16. Tin Can

Tin Can Registered

Come on.....gotta love the pop-up crew.....at least I could see it. I'm finding it hard to see all lite indicators; however, my eyes are dim...I can not see...I'll miss the pop-up crew for me.

I see or should say hear the blasted "Horn Guy" is still around.....he's not afraid of being nut sacked.

Tin Can & Scooter

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  17. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

Post of the day:D

I too dislike the 'gamey' neon arrows and hope the pit crew strike ends soon.

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

remember in the 60's flat caps and overalls would be the uniform of the day... they would spill fuel everywhere while smoking a cigarette hahah! :)

19. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Yes they were known as the good old days to everyone but the person sat in the car, lol.

20. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

Come on, modders, lets do a conquest of the best "old style" pit group **(1st a static version).
    I will search for historic material to get an idea ...

example:
    http://youtu.be/JLvRp5g0Ybc

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012