Physics spreadsheets

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Lazza, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Slamfunk3, redapg, Emery and 5 others like this.
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

The sheet is slightly outdated, if you export with an electric engine, the sheet will put [HYBRID_BOOST_ENGINE] in the HDV, you need to replace it with [ELECTRIC_BOOST_MOTOR]. Hopefully I can get an update soon.

3. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

@Coutie
    At what stage is the live axle support in the new spreadsheet? I looked through the spreadsheet and didnt find anything.

philrob likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Susp tab, change the rear pushrod connection, Live Axle is one of the options.

It's been a while since I played with this stuff so I can't remember how I configured a live axle, and I haven't looked further into this sheet to see if it makes it clear somewhere (usually tracing through the formulas to/from the output reveals what to do).

philrob likes this.
  5. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

6. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Wow man that is a super impressive amount of work going on on under the hood. I thought that we might not get another spreadsheet update so I'd been updating mine with most of the new features via the upgrades menu and occasionally adding a few of my own little features. Interesting to see that you've also added aero to the spindles - this is really great to see as I thought that was an oversight, and one of the things I had added to my spreadsheet (with difficultly). As I understand it, rotating tyres a have a higher than quadratic increase in drag, so it would be great to see an additional power multiplier in the aero hdv that applies to the tyres only. Awesome to see such progress in this area and thank you for your hard work!

7. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

@Lazza Would you mind remembering what did you do to get the live axle to work in the spreadsheet?

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I did that a few years ago, so what I did won't be relevant if the sheet can now do it. I had to make a number of changes to it (ie the way cells are linked, calculations for analysis, etc), but if it now handles it properly you'll only need to change the cells you're meant to change. The key will be understanding/knowing which suspension components you need and where to enter their positions.

9. Jokeri

Jokeri Registered

@Lazza I know. Too much work too little time.
    Masses gets cancelled when I delete the rear suspension arms , etc..
    At the current state there is too much stuff to change in the spreadsheet..
    @Coutie do you have info how much stuff has to be changed?

10. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

No, I'm just the messenger.