SOLVED Peripherals not working on Dev mode

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by fsuarez79, Nov 16, 2017.

1. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I loaded a track on Dev mode to make a new AIW. The track loads fine and I set up my wheel in the Controls section just like in Single Player.
    I select the Skip Barber and load a practice session with no AI (I suppose that's the mode used to make an AIW even though in race mode the same thing happens). I load the track and my car is sitting there in the garage, that's where everything stops working.
    My wheel doesn't work, nor the mouse or the keyboard. I can't do anything at this point, not even exit. The only thing i can do at this point is turn off my computer as nothing works. Any ideas?
    I tried 2 different tracks with the same result.

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Have you tried the skip barber with the nola track, to compare if it works with an original track?

3. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I haven't but it doesn't sound to me the issue has anything to do with the track.
    What I haven't tried is disabling plugins. I'm running Delta best and track map. Do you know if plugins have to be disabled?
    Thanks

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Did you save your controls?

5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Yes, I did.
    But apart from the wheel, it's also the mouse and keyboard not working when on track. First time I'm trying this but I'm guessing they should

6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Which build are you on? Try 1108 if you're on 1109. I think I had your issue, but it fixed itself.

7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I'm on 1109. I'm away from my gaming computer atm but will try and report back.
    Thanks

8. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Disabling or better removing plugins from the devmode is the first i would suggest.
    And to use original content, if problems with 3rd party mods appear, is the best way to be sure that problems are not caused by the 3rd party mods.
    And could you please attach the trace file (from when the problem appeared) from the devmode, that can be found in the folder 'Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\UserData\Log.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I had this problem a month or so ago...no controller folder under modDev/userdata so I copied the controller folder from main userdata folder and pasted it under the modDev/userdata folder and that fixed it for me.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  10. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

It worked after disabling all plugins. Thanks guys