SOLVED Performance tips to be able to race with AI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WyattJohn, Mar 4, 2020.

1. WyattJohn

WyattJohn Registered

Hey there!

Recently came back to try rFactor 2 with latest changes (haven't played since rFactor 2 was ISI's property, so quite a long while ago) and I suddenly can play without having massive stuttering and low FPS when racing against, for example, 22 AI cars!

My PC is quite dated, but I was able to play every car with oponents and tons of multiplayer rivals without any FPS drops or drastic performance loss like what happens now!

I'm using a i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6GB RAM and a HD7870. Again, it's quite dated but would run pretty decently till now.

Any tips?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I would say upgrade. The game has changed, dx11 instead of dx9, tyre fidelity improvements have increased cpu load for player physics alone, the target pc has moved on in the last 3-4 years.

Bear in mind some people are having performance/stuttering/freezing issues even with better PCs, so nothing is guaranteed.

Also, you've marked this as Solved and I think you wrote "can" instead of "can't" so it's a little confusing.

3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

You could roll back to the last DX9 build but then you have to get DX9 content and I doubt there would be any servers to join.
    Something to think about if upgrading is a way off.
    old ver.png

4. Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet Registered