Performance Problem Brand Hatch ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jual, Dec 30, 2022.

1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I agree with you.
    Just an example is forza 7, released in 2017.
    A GTX 1080ti can render it at 4K ultra, and the GPU is only at 50% for 60fps.
    And the graphics quality from Forza 7 are really good for me.

About the graphics quality only :
    The rFactor 2 graphics and the GPU usage are not satisfiying anymore, it uses +300% GPU usage vs Forza 7, and it's not as beauty (Forza 7 has no shadow cascade issue, no shadow following you on the barriers, no LOD issue....)
    The rFactor 2 3D engine wastes the GPU power.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  2. Bernat

Bernat Registered

@pilAUTO, @AlexHeuskat, you seem to fail to understand that performance/optimization is a complex topic. I have a RTX 2070 Super/Ryzen 3600 and it works very well for me (90fps) at medium/high settings with very good visuals. There's many threads everyewhere about the performance issues of ACC to the point that many say is hard to get 60fps and that it's unplayable in VR. FM7 is totally focused on the visuals, not physics or other realistic features, and yet the reflections on the other cars look rather dull to me (compromises have to be made).

The good thing is, if graphics are very important to you, there are games that offer you very good visuals. But then maybe you need to fill their forums with complains about the physics/driving/features. Having everything in one package is very difficult and requires tons of resources.

3. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Absolutely. But you deny that the optimization problem is major in rFactor 2.

AH AH. My 100% priority is realism (cars and physics engine).
    ALL except PP on low graphics effect (ALL) except texture/circuit/car detail are on OFF (deactivated) on my settings, so no I'm absolutely not focusing on graphics...
    And I never use rain/wet and other hour than 01:30 PM : so yeah I know compromise.

rFactor 2 is approximately the ONLY video game that I have played this 20 years (with rFactor 1), so no I'm not focused on graphics or blockbuster video games.

I focus on realism, I say it on this forum since 8 years, never focused on video games attribute (like graphics).

Apart from realism, my main concern is to be able to play in good conditions, without paying thousands of euros every 2 years as some people do (it's excessive of course, but the poor optimization of rFactor 2 pushes these people to do this).

I think I was clearer with this post.

4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

the graphics and sound are part of the realism.
    If not, you can play with this, instead of rFactor 2, ;).
    And in this game, the AI won't spin or crash like the AI mercedes or Porsche in rFactor2.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  5. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

It is obviously not possible to talk about this crucial subject (optimization of the game on the graphical level) seriously here.

I said what I had to say on the subject, I have nothing more to say.

pkelly and MikeV710 like this.
  6. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I agree with you, like I have said the game is 300% more GPU demanding than Forza 7 and less beauty, so it needs really optimisation.

7. sg333

sg333 Registered

100%. For me, half of the realism is being visually convinced I am on the track driving the car. I cannot understand the 'graphics dont matter' people :confused: