Performance and other issues.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Steve Bird, May 6, 2020.

1. Steve Bird

Steve Bird Registered

I'm totally at a loss with RF2.

Coming over from RF1 in 2013 I've been a fan of the sim all along but I'm slowly getting tired of 'playing' with settings (rather than playing the sim) and introducing work rounds to get this to work properly. I fully understand that you've done a lot of work and brought the graphics and physics up a few notches but come on guys, 7 years?

I mean I've had high end PC's for over 12 years now and the only product that constantly disappoints is RF2. I lived with it for years when I was on a i7 4780K with 16GB of Ram and 1080Ti but now I have an overclocked i9 9900K with 32 GB of DDR3600 and an MSI 2800 Super and I struggle to maintain 50 FPs on medium to max settings with a grid of 20 cars at 2560 x 1440.

I know some of you will shout me down but this is the only product that doesnt give me 120+ FPS with everything maxxed out. It's not like RF2 has bleeding edge graphics but it still its struggles to give me the gaming experience I wish I could get with RF2. I've even re-installed windows 10 Pro, and installed RF2 on it's own dedicated SSD (which has only improved loading times). rF2 is still the best physics but I just get fed up with all the old hiccups and fixes needed.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong here? I mean what must you have to run this 2013 game in max settings?

Last edited: May 7, 2020