PC doesn't recognise Logitech Driving Force GT

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by hamiltonfan2205, Sep 16, 2014.

1. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

Having a bit of an issue. Before my Logitech Driving Force GT was working fine with my new PC but for some reason it isn't now, my PC cannot recognise it, does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

2. hamiltonfan2205

I'd like to have this sorted ASAP as I'm hoping to race in FSR hopefully before the end of the year, and I need to practice

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Does it require logitech drivers?

Have you tried another usb port?

Does it have power?

Is there an on/off switch?

I'm not familiar with the wheel so I'm just naming off common issues.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Unplug it and disconnect USB
    Uninstall drivers
    Reboot
    Install drivers
    Connect wheel to USB
    Reconfigure in rF2 and save

That don't work you may have a issue.

5. hamiltonfan2205

This may be a dumb question but what do u mean "uninstall drivers"?

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

7. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Windows can id the DFGT as a plug and play device. Maybe just go into "Devices and Printers" and uninstall it, unplug it , reboot, then plug it back in.

8. hamiltonfan2205

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" Is this bad? Tried to uninstall it it didn't come up, it came up with "Unknown USB device" and then I looked at that and this is what it said.

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

10. hamiltonfan2205

Stuck at Step 2 cos I didn't make a change between when it was working and when it wasn't. Another thing that is interesting is how I start up my pc with it plugged in, the GT light goes on and then turns off completely.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Can you get access to any other PC with a USB port ( laptop whatever, does not matter how slow )
    Install drivers, plug in wheel, see if the software works, then uninstall it .........

That is first thing I would try anyways ....... if it does not work on another PC you could likely conclude your wheel is the issue.

If you don't use OS backups/images and the wheel worked on another PC I would then try a fresh OS.
    Only take a hour, better then guessing for days.

If neither of those yield results you most likely have a issue, simple process of elimination.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
  12. rer8

rer8 Registered

It has been recommended in other posts to plug the important devices into the motherboard. I have found this to be useful advice. Your wheel is one of those devices....

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Well actually all USB are plugged into the motherboard eventually... :p jk I know what you mean and I agree though depends on hardware.

Myself I only have low resolution Carrera and CSP run from BenQ Monitor ports and get no latency issues whatsoever and use extra long cable to native USB2.0 on tower.
    I do everything from those ports as they right next to my hand, run all my trueimage, gparted and W7 thumbdrives from them and also the remote Logi K/B and mouse.

I would not think any wheels below TRS / CSW would benefit from native ports unless there is a issue with the actual USB hardware or drivers.
    IE: some older motherboards and USB hubs can have issues with power management and latency.

14. hamiltonfan2205

Tried plugging it into my pc, same thing... Guess my wheel is broken then, could something else be causing the problem? And yes I did plug it into the back of the motherboard on my pc.

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Maybe time to open it up and see what's what, you can get wear on internal items after a while. could be a simple fix.

16. hamiltonfan2205

I will c if there are any Logitech services nearby that can fix it

17. redapg

redapg Registered

I have Logitech wheel G25 and the important thing when installing it is, to FIRST install the driver and the installing routine tells you when to plug the wheel. I guess other Logitech wheels will use same routine.

If you don't do so and boot the pc with the connected wheel (or connect the wheel while windows is running) before installing the driver, windows installs one of it's default drivers, which may end in troubles ;).