Payware? Open source you mean! - LMP1 + LMP2 (Released)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Marco Bijl, Apr 2, 2013.

1. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I tried about 6 times each one didn't get me a full download so I just gave up, sounds interesting but until there is another mirror I won't be trying again as it never finishes the download properly for me for some strange reason.

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I've found an issue with this mod and HDR. With HDR NOT enabled there is no problem. But with HDR enabled, as I go around the track the screen will go dark. It looks like daytime just became midnight. But only when HDR is enabled.

4. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Same error here.

I guess such issue is caused by the graphics detail of the car, as the mod was built only for max (and may be high) car detail level.

(I use high on my car, but medium in the opponent cars).

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Is it possible to pack this mod in a way that, if we make a vmod, we could choose only P1 or P2 car? Now we can not choose only one of them. It will be hard to control what cars people use then.

Edit: Sorry, it seems this can be done because we had only P2 choosable in our online session.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013
  6. Twista

Twista Registered

I think to do that you would have to make two components and package them as a multi cmp? I may not be right, I've only just started figuring out the packaging system.

7. DUFFBAG

DUFFBAG Registered

Nice cars... And open source.. yeaaah. xd

8. 4L0M

4L0M Registered

Me too. Look up at the sky everything ok, pan down to car i have the "Midnight " look too. 580 GTX's in SLI if that's any help.

Edit : I notice that the skin included does NOT have an Alpha channel. I have no idea if this could be why the lighting bugs out with HDR on, but i thought i'd point it out.

EDIT 2 : Disregard the Alpha channel thing. I just put a custom skin with Alpha Channel on the LMP1 car and tested in game and it still does the same thing. No problem with HDR off. I've tested Full Grid or just me on track.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013
  9. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

can't get this car to work. installs and even shows up on the spinner, but load a track and it's a doink fest of that annoying Windows sound that something didn't go right, about 43 times. un-installed, re-installed, re-downloaded many times, same result.

anybody else ?? or is it just ME ?

10. ifrans

ifrans Registered

I had no problems at all, don't know for others. Does windows say what went wrong? perhaps that way people can give you a possible solutions.

I downloaded it from Racedepartment, and I installed the mod, not the open source (if that is possible, don't know did not try)

11. Isarmann

Isarmann Registered

Moe, perhaps this could help you find out what Windows is doinking about...

Under Administrative Tools, take a look at the event viewer... it can be difficult to decipher at first, so go look at it, see the date-and-timestamps on events (there are always a lot in there; Windows only warns about very severe ones)--- but don't worry about what the events are yet.

Now go try to use the mod again, to provoke another doinking storm. Then go immediately back to the event viewer--- there should be a whole list of new events that go with the doinks; by their stamps ye shall know them.

What kind of events predominate?

Any Windows Services mentioned?

Tell us what you find...

12. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I guess you have gMotor errors ... do you not run with Full car detail?

Btw, if they are gMotor errors, hidden in the background, you can read them running rF2 in Windowed mode.

13. ifrans

ifrans Registered

for general feedback, I don't have full car detail and it does work fine for me, also with overtaking other cars. Don't have much knowledge about software, but for people who are intending to further mod this vehicle it could be perhaps usefull.

14. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I guessed about the car graphics detail because is not rare that errors in the materials and gmt are due to untested/untuned detail levels.

Sorry if my assumption was wrong, but LOL sorry also because now is a mistery what causes gMotor errors for some users. :)

15. Twista

Twista Registered

16. Moe Faster

Moe Faster Registered

they are definitely GMotor errors having to do with loading the car. bmp, materials, textures, the whole lot.

I have 2 installs of rF2, a brand new lite install of bld198, and an updated version from bld101 to bld198, and I'm getting the same result on both installs.

GMotor error mentions a LMP2_MOTEC_MSG_HT00.BMP file, and texture LMP2_MOTEC_MSG_HT and global textures for LEDSL.

I extracted the file LMP2_MOTEC_MSG_HT00.BMP, and it appears to be 32kb blank file (open with Gimp), totally black.

I'm not a modder, so I have no idea what to do about this.

the Event Viewer speaks a language unfamiliar to me, but there are, however, a bunch of entries that say roughly the same thing . . sort of.

0000000594: 2013-04-14 11:11:12:375 FAILED: ADL.ADL.ADL_DFP_AllowOnlyCETimings_Get
    Error Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Aspect.DeviceDFP.Graphics.Runtime.RT_DeviceDFP::parse processID:02272 threadID:( ) domainName:(ccc.exe ) assemblyName:(CLI.Aspect.DeviceDFP.Graphics.Runtime, Version=2.0.4716.18364, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
  17. ifrans

ifrans Registered

18. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Any chance of an .obj for older versions of max? Or can someone render an AO map? That will probably make the texture look nicer.

19. Coutie

20. Coutie

I've fixed the car body so it uses the rf2 live mapper, and I've added an AO map to the car as well. I've also changed the chassis texture so it has a carbon fibre look to it. If anyone knows how to get it running in the main game, I can send you the files to pack them up.