Path change in Modmgr.exe

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Andreas Binz, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

I had a disk space problem on C (SSD) so i have the big Pack folder outsourced to E (HDD)
    I have change the Packages path in Modmanager: old= C:\spiele\rFactor2\Core\Core\Packages | new=E:\rF2 Pack\Packages
    With this changes i cant install a vmod online. Is a change in the .plr required?

2. DocJones

DocJones Registered

You need to keep a 'Packages' named folder where it was originally. It's where vmods (amongst other things) are stored in when you use the 'get mod' feature.

btw ...rFactor2\Core\Core\Packages is a very unusual path for the Packages folder to say the least. It shouldn't be in \Core folder in the first place, let alone in \Core\Core folder.

3. LabR4t

LabR4t Registered

I use a SSD aswell and i have my Packages folder on my HDD path "D:\Rfactor2 Bits\Packages" been this way since build 60.
    For online vMods it just downloads them into my "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\rFactor2\Packages" which i move later to my new packages folder :)

I agree.

hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013
  4. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

There is a packages folder option in the plr file, you can manually enter a new location there. Then DL's mods and such will go there.

+1. Don't put stuff in the Core folder.

You can change your Packages folder in ModMgr so you can install mods from a different place. However, this new location isnt used by the game unless you make the plr file change mentioned above.

5. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Now that's neat! Didn't know, thanks for pointing it out. :)

6. LabR4t

LabR4t Registered

Thank you :)

If i change the path in plr file it says no mods installed when i try start rf2.
    plr changes i made Package Dir="D:\Rfactor2 Bits\Packages" don't work for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2013