Painting Helmet Textures using GJED

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by samcar304, Jun 2, 2016.

1. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Hello,

I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff so i am sorry for sounding stupid at points.
    Is it possible to use GJED as a way to paint on a model? For example i want to paint my own helmet but without seeing a preview by using the rFactor 2 tuning menu like i would for a car i have no idea what the helmet will look like in game. But by using GJED is is possible to load the 3d Model and then update the texture when i paint on photoshop?

Thanks, Sam

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

In theory... but don't know if there is a reload textures button. You might have to keep reloading the picture in the texture slot of the GMT of the helmet model.

3. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Yeah, i was trying on GJED Last night but its all rather confusing, i Then turned my attention to editing Spinner.GEN Files to see if i could get a Helmet to show up in the tuning menu and i managed to do just that. But I cant edit the skin of the Helmet.

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Why not? Surely there is a material to change? Or perhaps make an alt for the car you have it on?

5. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Just got around the problem before, I edited the Spinner files and added a line for the Helmet and made it an Active vehicle and i can finally edit the skin now. So happy to make some progress after scratching my head for more than 2 days trying to figure this out. :)

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Glad you got it sorted!