paint templates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mick-S, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Easton

Easton Registered

Should work rer8, try downloading the template again. You may have merged all original layers by mistake.

2. Easton

Easton Registered

A big difference between Adobe Photoshop and PSP or Corel Paintshop is the blending mode for the layers. Adobe Photoshop template creators could consider this when making templates that can also be opened by PSP and Corel Paintshop users.
    See image attached, these are supported layer blend modes for Corel Painshop Pro X4. With most if not all templates in the ISI library the shade or shadow layer has a blend mode not supported by PSP or Corel Paintshop. What happens when PSP or Corel Paintshop opens the psd is that it changes the unsupported layer blend modes of the shade or shadow layer to normal blend mode. A simple fix for PSP or Corel Paintshop users is to now change the blend for the shade or shadow layer from normal to multiply. This has been a quick fix in most cases for me. I have both Adobe and Corel so it is not a big deal for me.

For the most part PSP and Corel Paintshop will open psd's and make them workable as long as the blend modes are supported. A second issue is that PSP and Corel will merge grouped layers in a psd when opened. This is a workable issue because the layer is still there it is just a merged layer. Would be nice to see both psd and psp templates but that is up to the creators.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 12669

3. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Went through all this 2 years ago and nobody cares!
    I converted a few templates so gimp, PSP and other none Photoshop owners could use them and no one much wanted them and ISI still continue to do the same things with photoshop layers so they clearly don't care either.

Personally I think their rubbish, Bad mapping and UV work. Nothing has change in the way they do them to make them better or usable for none Photoshop so I've deleted them. If the original authors don't care enough about it why should others?
    Harsh! you say?
    Maybe, but after 2 years nothing has change. I just gave up on it.

4. Easton

Easton Registered

I hear you D.Painter, I see it a lot more now where people would like to see both psp and psd templates. For anyone to think Adobe Photoshop is the only software to use these days is mistaken. Adobe is now on creative cloud and still to expensive in my opinion. Corel Paintshop Pro Series software is a fraction of the price and it is on your pc for as long as you want. I don't think people realize just how good Corel software really is these days and that it is an affordable option.

It comes down to user preference, if you have always used Adobe I can respect that because it is very good software. Anyone wanting to buy new software for the first time or the software you have now is outdated should consider Corel Paintshop Pro Series as a second choice. Well worth the money in my opinion. There are many tutorial videos out there now to get you started. You will also find tutorials on how to install the Nvidia dds plugin for Corel Paintshop Pro.

To me this is about having a second choice if Adobe Photoshop is not an option for you.

5. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I've used Paintshop Pro for years now. I did have the option between PSP 8 and Photoshop when I first started to do painting of liveries for a LAN league I was involved with. I found PSP 8 better for most things though Photoshop does have features that PSP doesn't have. Over the years I've updates the programs so I now have PSPX6 64 bit.
    Of cause my ability has improved over time but I thought you all maybe interested in seeing these cars I uploaded last night http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/2012-season.63576/ All these are done in PSP X11 and X6 now. All you V8 Supercars fan should recognize them.

The point it Photoshop isn't the be all of painting programs. Even gimp, free software can work really well. It's based on PSP, all the tools are very similar.
    ISI and other modders that make their templates so they want work in anything apart from Photoshop are being arrogant and stupid thinking PSD is the only one that everyone has to have are fooling themselves.

6. Easton

Easton Registered

That is some very nice work there Bud:)
    They are all awesome!

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Lots of people are using Photoshop CS2 now because it's free. :p

8. Easton

Easton Registered

9. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

They look good Easton. That Camaro would have taken awhile to get that clean considering how bad the mapping is.