Packages not showing in content screen

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Neil Tyler, May 25, 2022.

1. Neil Tyler

Neil Tyler Registered

Hi,
    I have made a package using the MAS2 tool to share with the people i race with.
    All except one can download and install it/them. When he tries, he places the package in the packages folder but it does not then show up in the content page in the game.

Can anyone explain why this is and how to fix it?

Cheers

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

did you include a path to extract the file? i.e if it was compressed, did you make it so the users only had to extract the file to the rFactor 2 folder or did it need to be placed in the packages folder without any other path. Just to be sure, I would look in the rFactor 2\packages folder for another packages folder with the file now nested down another layer. Have the user do a search for the file in windows to ensure it is located inside the proper packages folder.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

Apart from what Dave says.
    If you have created a rfcmp or rfmod that includes an update of a component, it's possible that a installed component in the pc of your friend is locking the installation of your update.
    Uninstall all the mods (mod referred as series, not vehicles).
    Check if there is installed another update of that component and uninstall the update
    Install your rfcmp or rfmod.