Packages Folder cleanup then missing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nipzon, Jan 13, 2019.

1. nipzon

nipzon Registered

I decided to clean up my packages folder as it had mysterious files in there by copying it to another disk then deleting the original folder. Then did a verification through steam and thought all my subscribtions will download automatically.
    It created the folder name and a skin folder inside but none of the subs downloaded. I thought maybe I will have to unsub then sub again to get it downloaded, but before that I logged onto a server to see what message I will get, but the game started without any errors. It found the track and mod!

I looked in the packages folder and it is still empty.. so how does it work? Is it seeing the location where I copied it to? The game still points to the original location for packages..

2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Subscribed content is stored in a different location. It's in \Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960 or something like that, I'm not at my gaming PC at the moment.

nipzon likes this.
  3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

As JimmyT said, items you subscribed to from Steam Workshop are totally separate from the Packages folder.
    Once you have installed non Workshop items (rfcmp files in the Packages folder) the rfcmp file can be deleted.
    That is why the rF2 Launcher's Content Manager has the option to uninstall or delete a non Workshop mod or track once it has been installed.
    If you uninstall but don't delete, the mod or track will be listed in the Content Manager as uninstalled.

nipzon and EsxPaul like this.