OT: How to Improve Single Player Career Modes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by William David Marsh, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Drazil Tembero

Drazil Tembero Registered

F1 2002 had a good single player system, mirroring the actual F1 2002 league system.

I believe the tracks that appeared thorughout the championship were stored in a text file in the f1 directory. I regulary changed the order of the appearance of the tracks to see if it had a bearing on the outcome of my season, If I raced 2 of my disliked tracks consequtivy I would generally be over-confident in my preferred races, it would put some pressure on the outcome of my season.

Also I tried to change the ability of the drivers and the vehicles they were driving as randomly as I could considering I was manually updating the text files. I wouldn't know who would threaten my championship until it panned out a little.

rFactor 1 has similar text files but that are somewhat more complex to modify, the championships for me are not quite so immersive either, perhaps just because the drivers and tracks are more obscure & unknown to me.

But I believe the basis is there in rfactor 1 to make the simulation emulate a reasonable championship experience, I believe all it would need is a calender and a bit of variety in what you step up to face each season, perhaps a "few" lines of code pertaining to a simulated team manager, who tinkers with his cars and drivers.

Undoubtedly, an online experience would step up closest to the competive racing plate, but AI is the limit for my time constraints and presumably simulated professional ability.

( I have yet to purchase into rFactor 2, but I will run out of fresh rFactor 1 content soon to stimulate my simulate adrenal drives )