OSw users? (Lenze MCS12 29Nm, 12H15) how to install and setup for rF2?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rocafella1978, Aug 29, 2016.

1. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

anyone out there who could help me set this up for rF2?

(REIMER-Motorsports Lenze MCS12 29Nm, 12H15) how to install and setup for rF2?
    OPENSIMWHEEL V2 PREMIUM MCS12 29NM
    The OpenSimwheel Premium set is the high end product into the Direct Drive world. Direct Drives have everything from beltless to gearless computer steering wheels.
    The OpenSimwheel Premium is the advanced, high end product of the OpenSimwheels, which is entirely run on OpenSource. The steering electronics is operated on Granite Devices Argon and the steering wheel drive was created with a 3-phase AC servo by the company Lenze with their all new MCS12H15- model.
    This new servo reaches a peak torque of up to 29Nm and has a resolution of 16384CPR. The main feature of the Lenze servo is the resolution of the steering axle, which targets much more responsive steering, and Lenze also makes the self-damping as well as friction much lower, which enables a better and higher adjustability.
    The set consists solely of high quality industrial hardware.

any help would be appreciated. thank you in advance.

2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

What do you need exactly? Do you have the game installed? Mmos Tool? Granity tool?

3. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

game installed, have hardware and know of MMos but not installed nor downloaded, don't know Granity? (would i need to download MMos v.091? thanks for any help in advance @Prodigy

*** I have just gotten my Reimer OSw Lenze MCS12 12H15 29Nm. hoping there are some OSw users here who have experience and know-how and can point me into the right direction and share tips and what needs to be tweak on the wheel and in game.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2016
  4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Hi rocafella. If you bought directly from Dennis (Reimer) to get your wheel going best would be to contact him. He is known for his great service. Afaik you dont need to do settings in granity because Dennis has done that for you. But again if not sure just ask him. Nevertheless you will need granity to set values like tbw to get the ffb to your likings. Once you got it up and running just ask and for sure some people will share their knowledge.

5. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

i have contacted the seller, and only iRacing settings are known and shared, no other game support, meaning no details/ settings for other games. (AC, R3E, rF2, AMS and etc.) would be nice to know where to start, what to pay attention to and just general guidance and pointers, since coming from Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec, this is absolutely different world of hardware and software, MMos FFB software is a riddle to me, and i don't have nor do i know Ganity software.
    just trying to get help from fellow racers and sim racing community, what to do, how to do it and where to start. (once i know a little here and there, i can fine tune and manage thereafter, but a starting point would be nice)
    since i am sure there are "files" I have to edit manually to change values/ add and etc. which I have no clue about.

6. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Maybe this thread can help you.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php?p=423375

7. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

thank you Eddy will look through it, much appreciate it!

8. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Any settings for SimuCube with MiGE @ 30nm?

9. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

so after many many many threads, forum posts and messages, help from the community...conclusion is: Argon Drive damaged/ faulty, needs to be repaired/ replaced...GD RMA. will see what happens when i get the new/ repaired Argon Drive back from GD. updates to follow...

10. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

11. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered

quick update, had enough of OSw (so much headache, cost me so much time and money...), unfortunately not very "beginner" friendly and without support and warranty from individuals who sell this to us newcomers...OSw is history for me, but I do hope that future brings new great things with "SimuCUBE".
    ...looking forward to ordering my new Leo Bodnar SimSteering System!!!

12. rocafella1978

rocafella1978 Registered