Options for League Racing

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by MarcoSaupe, Feb 11, 2012.

1. MarcoSaupe

MarcoSaupe Registered

Hi

in our leagues we sometimes drive 2 races for one event, but depending on the rules it can happen that e.g. we want to start the 2nd race with the top 8 in reversed order.
    With rF1 this is no problem, but with the current implementation in rF2 this means that the track is clear and without rubber again! You can argue that it may have rained overnight or the track workers we very thorough in cleaning the track, but having an option like "restart weekend with current track conditions" (even if it's just for admins on the server) would be nice and reduce the rate of first lap crashes - as much as I like the dynamic track, you have to admit, that it's challenging enough for drivers who have a life outside of virtual racing :)

I wanted to write another thing but I forgot, I will add it here when I can remember it again ;)

Marco

2. RMayfield

RMayfield Registered

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Marco if you are still interested in this, you have restart the weekend as admin/by voting and the rubber from the previous weekend remains on-track *

Let the server re-load the track and the rubber dissapears.

* it will have to be quick though as server often re-load the track right after, and i am not sure how it will effect the results-files/replays when not allowing the server to fully end the session.

@ ISI: If restarting indeeds causes problems with results/replays then we might would want to see it adressed?
    A sprint/feature format for example would not need a full practise in race2, nore a Q-session, only a rubbered track.

(did not post this in the thread linked as i think its about slightly other issues so didn't want to clutter the conversation)