Optimizing Graphics

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Nick88, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Nick88

Nick88 Registered

Hi all,

I am trying to optimize my graphics in game but struggling a little bit. I have a not so special graphics card (AMD Radeon 5850) that I am looking to upgrade in the coming months.

Currently the cars looks a bit reflective and just looks a bit dull in game. Even sort of a haze over it. Any ideas on how to make it look a bit better?

Current settings:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried many setting in an earlier build and since then rF2 has come on a lot and I no longer think I am optimizing it to the best I can.

Thanks all!
    Nick

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
  2. stonec

stonec Registered

Video settings look good. Road reflection can be turned off, it costs much FPS and only has effect on wet surfaces (even then minimal). Texture filter I would add up to x16, it adds so much crispness to everything without big FPS loss. Texture and player detail I would probably try using full rather than high, some cars don't look great on lower detail levels.

Regarding car reflections, you might need to enable environment reflection to make them look better, even if it costs FPS. Without that, they just reflect 100% pure sky which might look weird.

3. zerocool

zerocool Registered

Nick- My friend posted this in our forum tonight. Maybe it will help you or someone else out there. :)

For quite some time I have been having such graphic issues with rf2 that I just gave up on it. I keep it updated and test it from time to time. It still runs horrible on my machine which is a decent one and I have absolutely no issue with A.C. or iRacing so I gave up. However messing around today I tried this Radeon Pro for those of us with ATI Radeon cards and I still dont know alot about it as Im still studying it and messing with it. But right off the bat I made it over ride in game settings and even with the HDR on I actually was able to get the car on track for the 1st time. The video with or with out HDR was so choppy I couldnt even drive out the pits.

But anyway here the link if anyone wants to try it. And if you come up with some good settings please post them. I'll do same once I get it figured out more.

www.radeonpro.info/download/