CS-closed Open Wheel Sprint (USF2000) (Q1-S1)

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Deleted member 24698, Feb 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Car: USF 2000 (Steam Workshop: CLICK HERE)
    Times: Daily, 30 minutes past every hour
    Format: 10 minute practice, 10 minute qualifying, 25 minute race

Read more here

S1 Championship
    1: Antonio Mir
    2: JP Kaitainen
    3: John Duncan
    4: Andrew Hollom
    5: JM Cardenas Arnedo

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2022
    GeraArg likes this.
  2. CS is going down for about an hour for a hotfix.

3. Jean-philippe Lacombe

Jean-philippe Lacombe Registered

Hello,
    (sponsored by google translate, sorry in advance my english is very bad)

Current name in: : Patrick Sébastien (famous french tv presenter ! ^^)

I was confronted with a bug on the ranking management in the "Competition" mode

In the USF2000 category on Portland:

• On Tuesday February 8 at 21:30 or 22:30 (UTC), I registered for a race but I never made it to the server. The automatic redirect page did not work.
    • On Wednesday February 9 at 21:30 (UTC), I registered for the race, not having confidence with the automatic redirection, I exit and enter the Competition mode to finally have access to the "Join" button. I take pole and I win the race.
    When I look at the standings I have 200 and some points while the driver who finished behind me has 497 points.
    I deduce that the logic of the ranking makes an average according to the number of races carried out in the series. (Too bad because it does not necessarily encourage you to repeat races if you have a good result but it is not easy to have a fair and attractive system( maybe 3 bests results)). So the race where I was registered and not having been able to join the server is considered as an abandonment.

Could you rectify this please?

Proposed solution: Instead of comparing the list of registered drivers to the end of race results, if it is possible to compare the qualifying results to the race results, that seems more realistic to me.

If you can keep me informed please?

And Congratulations for the work of your team and all the latest developments, can't wait to see the next releases!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
  4. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

getting this "too late" right after register time runs out. then it starts joining the race.
    20220211183003_1.jpg

5. Tony Raharidzery

Tony Raharidzery Registered

Your post is very important.
    If Studio 397 wants CS to succeed it's clear that the points system should be attractive for us.
    I suggest to count the best result in 5 races then if more than 5 races the average for 2 best races.
    And as i said more statistics about results and ongoing series.
    Please listen to us.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

I'm confident things will get ironed out quite soon, effectively is not fair to be penalized for a technical problem on the CS itself, If I fail to join the server after having waited several minutes, the chances that I deliberately quitted the session immediately are low compared to the chances that a bug held me at bay. If I quit AFTER having joined the server at all effect and been there for a session or more , then it's much more probable that I did it and not just "happened". Unfortunately I don't know if there is a way for the server to understand if a player just quit or if RF2 client just CTD, but I would appreciate if it could.

7. lagg

lagg Registered

When the "Race rejoin" option is activated in a server, if you hit ESC you can't enter the server again, but if you have a CTD or you have a connection problem you can enter to the server.
    Then, i suposse that is possible.

8. Due to update of the track, this next session of OWS will fail. I have updated the vmod on competition and you will get the update once you start rF2 again.

9. Orlando aaron medley

Orlando aaron medley Registered

cant signup says cant activate series

10. Orlando aaron medley

cant sign up keeps saying can not activate series

11. Orlando aaron medley

could it be because i'm in a series already
    cant activate something that is already activated
    guess you cant sign up for more than one series at a time

12. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

This is not true. You can sign up for multiple series. The thing you are encountering is because of the alpine update they used and got removed. In modmgr in your bin64 folder there you can see all the installed mods. Maybe use that to trouble shoot on discord where you are right now

13. Season 1 Championship
    1: Antonio Mir
    2: JP Kaitainen
    3: John Duncan
    4: Andrew Hollom
    5: JM Cardenas Arnedo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.