Only few servers on my rFactor2 client

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Jacky Ratzenberger, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Jacky Ratzenberger

Jacky Ratzenberger Registered

Hello
    I have bought rfactor2 on november 2015 with steam. I didn't take multi player license.
    Now I want to play with multiplayer. That's why this morning I took online subscription for 1 year.
    Now when I run RF2 launcher with steam I can see I have the license for multiplayer.

But when I open multiplayer button (with the 2 helmets) I have only a few servers listed as you can see, in the screen shot.
    View attachment 20144

I have probably something wrong, but I don't know what. Can someone tell me what to check, or if I have something wrong in my rf2 config ?

Thanks for your help
    Jacky

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

That's very weird indeed. I can see that you are in build 1098 because one of the unlocked servers is in the list is ours.
    Meanwhile ISI or others help you you are welcome to join us. Everything needed will be downloaded when you join the server. Good luck

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

3. Jacky Ratzenberger

My issue is not to enter in your server.
    I want to enter to a server called racingFR. My collegues are in, that's mean that open port are correct for the server. I should see it. But as you can see, my list is very short.
    That is not normal. I will try a reinstallation.

4. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Open ports below in your router and you are fine:

UDP+TCP 54297
    TCP 64297
    UDP 64298
    UDP 64299

5. Jacky Ratzenberger

I can try to open these ports on my firewall. But as a client, as far as I know, it shouldn't be necessary.
    Let's make it to be sure.

6. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Open ports in your router, servers you can see in your pick are probably non steam servers.

7. Jacky Ratzenberger

I have checked on my firewall. I have no restriction in my outbound policy.
    Do you have an IP of a RF2 server to check my a telnet on a specific TCP port ?

8. Jacky Ratzenberger

I confirm I have tried successfully to establish a connection with telnet 83.39.167.230 64297.
    It means that my firewall authorize outbound sessions, and this is not a FW issue.
    On Steam / view / server / Internet (with a filter on rF2), I can see only 21 servers. I think this is the same serveur than with RF2 Launcher.

9. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I can confirm that the server in the list is being hosted with a non steam dedi server.

Hence the issue seems to be in the client side.

I would reinstall rF2. However I am not sure about how to do s fresh new install in steam. I just hope you dont have to go through the full download process.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

10. Jacky Ratzenberger

OK I found where is located the issue.
    I have a DSL modem with a new netgear fw/router. I have checked to connect my steam client directly to the DSL Modem (without my netgear fw/router). And I have now 415 servers in the list.
    So now, I need to find which parameters should I change in my netgear to allow a normal run with steam. A lot of works this afternoon... I will post as soon I found solution.

11. Jacky Ratzenberger

Pb is solved.
    My netgear FVS318 router, blocked UDP flood above 25/second. It was to small. I have setted to 250 and now it's ok.
    I hope it will help someone. Thanks for your help.

12. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

By default, the Steam Client uses UDP to talk to the Steam servers. If that is somehow problematic in your local network, such as in the case Jacky describes, or in cases where you need to go through a proxy, you can tell the Steam Client to switch to using TCP instead. To do this, you need to provide the client with a launch option called "-tcp", which is explained in detail here:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5623-QOSV-5250