online status to date.

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by rick75, Jan 12, 2017.

1. rick75

rick75 Registered

hi folks.
    Been a few years since i been using rfactor and now im back 6 yrs later to start again to what i loved doing(got married has 2 kids so no time,now there older i got time) so rf2 is here and my question to all of you is how is the state of the online scene is it buzzing or have we gotta go looking for races or practice runs.
    if its all good and dandy then i shall head to steam and by it,could you kind memebrs let me know.
    also+ one last thing any leagues about for gt3 cars or open wheeler who have a server running that be grand.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

People post up events in this sub forum all the time.... so get reading! :D

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

4. Depco

Depco Registered

Rick to answer your question, Online action has been steadily picking up since S397 did away with the online subscription. I have personally seen alot more traffic on our servers since that happened. If you are looking for instant action races you will still have some difficulty as the active servers still tend to be focused on practice for league races. However, many servers allow the practice session to follow its natural timer to qual and races so long as the people on the server at that time are keen to run a race.

Our servers are set to 60 minute practice with 10 min qual and 5 lap races. Many other servers are set similarly. If you simply want to get on and run a race without any practice or warmup then rF2 is probably not for you. AC has servers running nothing but races, if you have the DLC and want to run Spa. However, they also have a fair number of crash kiddies. (not as many as before, but they are still present). You will find almost none of that on rf2 servers.

If you want the best simulator around that is being actively developed and improved then look no further than rF2. The future is bright under the new ownership.