Online rFactor Parser for Results

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mAxL, Dec 3, 2011.

1. mAxL

mAxL Registered

Hi there,

I developed a simple API, which displays race results of your rFactor races on online - results webpage.
    After you finish the race, you simply load the .xml file and the application will automatically parse the results of the race. :cool:
    This will make much easier work for race organizers :eek:

The current version supports rFactor only, but it will have rFactor 2 support built in upon it's release. Hope that ISI includes .xml files in rFactor 2 :)

You can try it here: online-results.net

Hope you like it... :D

2. maatriks

maatriks Registered

rFactor 2 will not use xml as the format of results, cannot remember the format it will be using by heart.

3. mAxL

mAxL Registered

So far i get one export file...there is no problems :D

4. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

From rF2?

5. mAxL

mAxL Registered

Yes...hope that rf2 will have log files (like rFactor do). :p
    I`m wrong? :eek:

6. maatriks

maatriks Registered

Of course rFactor 2 will have log files, but they are not in xml format.
    Source: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/682-rFactor-2-Developer-Q-A?p=7781&highlight=result#post7781

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
  7. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

So, does anybody know if someone is likely to work on an 'rFactor Hotlaps' type server add-on for RF2 (perhaps the original creators)?

8. mAxL

mAxL Registered

Some improvements

Add:
    - track length
    - laps
    - fastest lap
    - fastest lap / driver
    - driver in game (move mouse over driver)
    - qualifying position (move mouse over driver)
    - time record on race (move mouse over driver)
    - laps did it (move mouse over driver)
    - pitstops (move mouse over driver)

online-results.net

[​IMG]

9. johnnyfive

johnnyfive Registered

Hi.

I'm the author of rFactor2Python plugin for rFactor. If you want to check it, you can go into the examples folder - there's a python script that exports timing data to a mysql database in real time. I use this plugin and script on 4 rFactor servers to update the timings listed at http://rfac.ath.cx.

As of now we don't have information regarding the rFactor 2 plugin API but I'm looking forward to port rFactor2Python to rFactor 2.

Cheers

10. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

Stefan Zilik told me that one update for LiveRacers rFactor2 - if this is possible
    I think there will be many options...

11. mAxL

mAxL Registered

When beta rFactor 2 is out...3-5 days days and online-results.net will also support parsing rF2 log files :)

Latter i will also add league management system! System will automatically calculate points (drivers & teams) from race results! Example!

12. Kalle Lints

Kalle Lints Registered

People using this http://www.vrl-simracing.be/rfactorreport/ for quick results. Other have theyr own system that can parser results. You have so little information about results. XML contains much much more information and I save that all. I think you are just so new at rFactor world that you just dont know things that there allready is. Even my hotlap system stores more information then your results page. So my question is. Why community would ever need this?

13. mAxL

mAxL Registered

Go over the driver with mouse cursor and you will see more information`s. :) You have starting grid position, best lap, laps, pits, driver in game, team....tell me what XML file give you so much importment --- chat?

Some users use system...so look`s like do they liked... And why have to be only one page with that content? Are they afraid competition? Your point is like that; "Why need GTR3 if there is rFactor 2?"
    One more expample...why SIMRACING LEAGUE SYSTEM if there is GPCOS? I thing both are great...

No offence mate, but users decided which tool will they used...if vrl is better...they will use vrl...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
  14. Kalle Lints

Kalle Lints Registered

Laptimes, sector times, what helps was used, what place was driver what lap and so one and so one. This all was just my opinion. Everyone can do whatever they want and sometimes people make things that are better then first similar thing but I dont think that peole want thing that gives you less then older things? Just my opinion. Maybe it makes you google around and make that better. Right now I see just skeleton.

15. mAxL

mAxL Registered

Ahhh you mean that...that was fast was it? (check screen) [​IMG]

Includes: Laptimes, sector times, lap position, pits in lap...you wish something more?

Patince...site is online only one week ;)

[​IMG]

16. mAxL

mAxL Registered

And one more thing...i am not new at rFactor world...infact we (and eddyspain) did it this Clio CUP mod for rfactor. So please you use google before you wrote something stupid again. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2011
  17. Kalle Lints

Kalle Lints Registered

LOL. Why so defencive? Because of that I googled your username and what I get. rFactor1 released 2005. With your name there is nothing related with rFactor before 26 oct 2007. I have been with ISI from 2003 when I was playing F1C (before that F1 2001 and soone). So in relative term 4 years behind is little new in that world :p Who is stupid now? :D

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Kalle... he's defensive because you've come in here and basically said this is a waste of time.

19. Kalle Lints

Kalle Lints Registered

I have never learned english. So if some one taking my words in wrong way, then thats not my fault. I just asked why is that good and waited what ever answer I get. Had no negative or positive opinion about this. Well....now I have some opinion :p

20. Tripp

Tripp Registered

I like the site Francesco H. post great information even when it is live i can see driver what they write in server chat ;)
    It have ranking system penaltys can after a race be edit by admin for the leauge but not to add points we use before a ligarace.

The vlr simracing report is also a good one to see in a better way the xlm result.

rfactor hotlaps 2.95 is the only program that add points live automatic after a race that you as admin can edit.

So it is many ways and programs we can use to get the things we wanna use.
    And mAxL has give os a new layout and it is up to us to use what we like ;)

It can not always be new stunning programs or ideas glad that Maxl let us now what he have spend time on to share for us ;)