online racing - game options

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by sloppo, Oct 29, 2023.

1. sloppo

sloppo Registered

couple of queries....
    - where are the start lights? all i see online is the marshall waving a flag and the audio countdown and siren. where the damn lights?
    - in the F4 server currently its difficult to clearly see the markings of when the pitlane actually starts - and therefore where the speed controlled zone is. Can't you add some clear marker boards to indicate where you have to activate the speed limiter?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

lights are track dependent. Many tracks around the world, especially in the USA, do not use the F1 style starting lights. The flagman IS the light. Speed limiter has a line painted across the track, (some tracks do have those marker boards, others do not) you can test offline and view a car entering the pits if locating the exact spot is confusing.
    Tracks around the world are not homogenized F1 level circuits and forcing locations all over the world into that box would remove some of the 'flavor' of each locale.

3. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

Isnt there an option for virtual startlights?

I turned it down for realisms sake but I think I remember rf2 has one?

4. sloppo

sloppo Registered

its not reality bro its a simgame. Having clear indication of when pitlane starts/ends and also having start lights would definitely help people into the game and get started. i really dont care if a real world track has actual start lights on it or not.
    Taking your logic, why should rfactor 2 play the audible siren countdown then? Why is it 4 times and then a long 5th one mirroring the F1 lights? Surely that should be removed from the game and we should just have the flag drop?
    point proven.

5. elgagon

elgagon Registered

I agree. They should remove the siren if it's not in the real track. But i don't know if the siren is defined in the track or in the game itself.
    rF2 is a simulator and should be the most similar to the reality as possible.

oikworld likes this.
  6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I don't think the track should be modified to suit someone's taste but the HUD could have such information. It's not needed like you are admitting, there's already the flagman and the siren, but maybe someone is happier seeing the lights.:confused:

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yup, all you have to do is turn on the race time on the MFD(forgot the exact name) and you can take off just as the timer starts.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yup, that horn has been around since at least rF1, so you got me there.