Online help please....

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Spinelli, May 21, 2014.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19925-Why-can-t-I-join-these-servers-!!!!

Not sure if that thread was closed by accident or what the deal is, but if anyone here is running those servers or knows how I can join them can they please give some information? I would really like to join them. There is no way they banned me, I hardly ever go online just a few random nights here and there and never had an issue with anybody in any server, ever.

Can anybody please help?? I goggled "AVL opcao1" to see if maybe that is some sort of website but I can't find anything. I found the alpha-net racers but I can't seem to find-out exactly why I can't join.....

2. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I read somewhere round here that they are servers of a Portugese simulator company, you know the type where you can go and race together with friends.

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

All of a sudden, upon maybe the 3rd or 4th time restarting rF2 and probably a total of 15 server list refreshes later, I was all of a sudden finally able to click the join/get mod button to enter, but most people were gone by then.

Weird.

4. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Right after I saw that locked thread a while ago, I opened the server browser and couldn't get a single join button on any server. After closing and opening again some were joinable, but only after waiting a while for one to show and a few more showed quicker after that. I could only join one out of the two servers you mentioned upon a 3rd launch of rF2. Very strange, i've had no problem like it since this build was released.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

I get these issues quite often with many servers. try for 30 minutes and end up giving up and going single player. Hoping something can be done to fix it ...

6. jjcook

jjcook Registered

i think we were all so relieved that the fiasco of the last build improved somwhat that we forgot to mention that it is still somewhat botched on-line-

only through patience and determination have i been able to race with others on several occasions in the the current 660 build ...so i confirm these lingering concerns with online connection problems , and am also seeing myself and others increased incidence of ctd's ......i am comparing to a couple of builds ago when things seems relatively more stable and working better. Changes were made and i dont think they have been sorted out yet.

2 things i did which seemed to help ....unplug, disconnect and cool down your connection to the web periodically.......and restart the sim when you are not getting join buttons

7. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

AVL stands for Autódromo Virtual de Lisboa: https://www.facebook.com/AutodromoVirtualLisboa
    Its a lan house with multiple cockpits where people pay a small fee to use them. Ive been there once.
    For what i know the servers are there to people which use their place to compete not for regular gamers around the world. Probably they blocked you from joining, dont know.
    Dont know why servers have no password, only them can answer.

[​IMG]