Online experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jali, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Jali

Jali Registered

Hi all,

The last few years I've played rFactor and really enjoyed it. rF1 is getting less crowded day by day and the good simracers are leaving to other games.

I wanted to try something else, but iRacing couldn't please me. The tracks look really nice etc, but come on... to be able to climb up the ladder I have to spend at least €200 on pixels + monthly fees. As I will start my first job in 2 months, I won't be able to race as much as I can now, so that investment isn't really interesting. Also I don't have that excitement "Oh yes I can race again in a few moments!" which I used to have with rfactor...

Which brings me back to rFactor :)

Before I buy the beta, I wanted to know how the online experience is at this moment of rFactor2. Are there many crowded online servers with meganes? I really love that on rF1 :) Do you think it's worth it at this point?

Thanks in advance!

2. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

As far as I know the Megane servers were always crowded, but I think that the people are now moving to the new Formula ISI servers

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I think its too early to say at this stage of the beta, there are various hurdles to overcome and in some cases the community (or parts of it) seem to dissagree with ISI on the correct approach. The outcome of this will most likely have an effect on online activity but i have no doubt it will be solved and if we are lucky it looks like rf2 can be a mismatch-free frenzy of easy to acces servers and that will bring the online experience to great levels and justice for all.

Currently there's just not enough servers and not enough regular users online, peeps are jumping back into rf2 when new builds and updates arive so currently the Masters are the new hot item but soon enough peeps will be gong back to their usual routine untill thenext update comes arround.

So if you are soley looking for megane quick races, i'm not sure if buying rf2 is a logical step at this point.
    On the other hand, once you experienced the physics of rf2 you might have found a new addiction :)

4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1 :)

Try 60s racers and tracks, an experience by itself!!!

5. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

on the other side, Im 3 months everynight online in a row, having nice races and making lots of friends at the servers.
    Yes, Im in Europe (hope Ill stay lol) but lots of Americans, Australians come too!

7. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Please, take a screenshot at the time this happen. I´m rarely playing about these times but when i go online it´s hard to find people playing. When Fmasters was release i see about 3 persons i one server and i played a little but when i tryied to go in other track when that 3 people leave me alone i can´t join the server because this vmod thing.
    Don´t know if my track wasn´t update or what but too sleepy to research about.

8. argo0

argo0 Registered

Yeah, I'm from UK and I am able to play online every night. The ISR Megane server usually has double figures and there is often Formula ISI and 60s Formula series servers as well. Buy this, you won't regret it. Its special.

9. Mitt Wilson

Mitt Wilson Registered

With every Sim on the Market there will be alot of Servers that have No One in them - considering alot of people strat a server just so he can race with his 2 friends-
    Now as far as RF2 servers being filled- that again will go by what Mods you race and What website you go to to race in leagues and so on.. But overall at this stage the Meagens servers have rooms with people in them- if not just sit in one for 2-5 mins and people will be sure to come!

RF2 will have a big running fan base for along time, will RF2 have more competition Yes, but once again RF2 has the legs in the long run!

10. osella

osella Registered

Yeah this is currently reality, I almost thought there's something with my installation or I just can't see the games or that my IP address smells bad lol.
    Very few people play the beta online.

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

When I go online there is always a formula ISI or megane server with more than 10 players. Sadly there is not often a formula 60's server with more than 2-3 players. Maybe when Brianza and Brabham is released :)

12. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hi Jali, i race online most night between 1900 bst to 2200 bst and never had a problem finding people to race with, ISR's Megane server seems most popular and is a good friendly server too. also there are alot of FISI servers poping up too.
    Make the purchase, you know your gona at some point. You wont be disappointed.

13. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Didn't want to open a new thread, but why is there such low player traffic online?
    I've fired up online game for the first time and there were only 27 people online :confused:
    The only server that was partially full was -ISR- with 16 players and rest of 5-6 servers with 1 or 2 players on it.

100+ servers were completely empty.. :(

14. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

my personal online expirience last night, this was fun like every night, I drive rF2 online :)

15. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I'm online most days, the max amount of players I ever see is around 100. The situation seems to be improving lately though.

16. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

such aliens like you ruin the online game, not funny :p

17. CRex

CRex Registered

I never really understood the vmod thing. If I wanna race the Skip (or historic Formula's) on Croft or Sebring online I cant set up a server without a vmod?

18. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Whats your nickname Hagen? I agree CRex, I wouldn't mind a race in Clio or Skippy but not on the same old tracks over and over, really it is ISI's mistake for not including all official tracks with their official mods.

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Only on Lime Rock Park with Skip and on Spa, Palm Beach and maybe Brianza with historics... vmod is always needed when driving on modders' tracks.

20. CRex

CRex Registered

I dont get this system. What's the advantage of it, I only see the limitations.

Can I learn to make vmod's myself to race on the tracks i want?