Ongoing Multiple Server Issue

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by TestDriver, Dec 22, 2013.

1. TestDriver

TestDriver Registered

Hi,
    I have voiced my issues with multiple server settings some time ago and have sourced help from well known members here with my issues in the past however, never resolved.
    With build 198 and prior, I was able to host many servers with out issues, now its just a real headache...

Here are my sceenies for referance-

Pic1- I run a dedi using Windows Server 2008. Here is the firewall rule-
    View attachment 11189

Pic2- I copied and pasted the "PLAYER" file and renamed it..."SERVER"
    View attachment 11190

Pic3- This has the default Multiplayer text

Simulation Port="54297" // range is 1025 - 65535
    HTTP Server Port="64297" // range is 1025 - 65535. Used for file sharing

View attachment 11194

Pic4- This has the edited "Multiplayer with ports-

Simulation Port="54298" // range is 1025 - 65535
    HTTP Server Port="64298" // range is 1025 - 65535. Used for file sharing

I have tried using ports of varying range- "53297 & 63297" AND MANY OTHERS...

View attachment 11192

Pic5- If I reboot the dedi I can fire both severs with ease however, when joining "Sever" you actually load "player". I then shut down both servers and fire them up again then I get this error, all the time...
    View attachment 11193

Can anyone see where im going wrong?
    Can anyone suggest something to try (assuming I haven't done that already)?

Thanks

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

When you start the server you have to use the +profile option or else it will not properly switch profiles. Using the drop down menu in the GUI is broken right now.

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

When you start the server you have to use the +profile option or else it will not properly switch profiles and you get that message about setting your ports. Using the drop down menu in the GUI is broken right now.

I know this sounds funny but trust me, this is the fix.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Must be something along those lines because I've always run different servers from different folders and haven't had any problems like this :)

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

When you say different folder you are talking about separate installs I assume. If so, you are right, this bug would not affect you. The bug comes when you create multiple player profiles for each server. If you want to use the multi profile method, you have to select the profile via the command line and not the GUI.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, totally different installs... call it paranoia ;)

7. TestDriver

TestDriver Registered

Thanks Noel, i have reinstalled rF with new build and could not find the old thread with your points.

Ill try this again. Would this method cause issues with Liveracers not wanting to run two instances. Ive been having issues with Liveraces using the +profile line which again is very annoying.

If all else fails, ill try your way Laza...

8. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

We´re running multiple servers. Not 1 problem. But with multiple installs. After some research and some head banging we reach the conclusion theres no point in having multiple servers in only one install. Its not the xxxMb less that make any diference.
    My sugestion: Simply make a second installation, diferente folder name (like rfactor2_second) and just dont Forget 2 things, changing ports in multiplayer.ini and adding the dedicated to the firewall exceptions.
    Good luck

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Haven't tried multiple servers with LiveRacers. I would agree with others here and just go with two installs.

10. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

When gives me the message of "ensure port in multiplayer.ini"... normally is cause of a rf2dedicated process freeze on manager task.

what i do is to close all rf2dedicated´s and ensure dont have a rf2 dedicated process open on task manager.. if there are one, close with "end process"
    Then.. open again the dedicates.

11. TestDriver

TestDriver Registered

Solved
    Thanks to all, I installed two rFactors and problem resolved. I even have Liveracers working again...

12. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Liveracers will work in how many servers you have. We presently have 6 RF1 servers and 2 RF2 servers with no problem at all.
    Just let you know that live racers in RF2 need to have at least one session to appear both in LR page as in Widget´s. You wont see your server before anyone joins it. Just after the first session record. Even if you simply restart it you need to at least join it so it appears in LR.