Onboard replay cameras.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by jonno, Jul 6, 2023.

1. jonno

jonno Registered

Hi all.

Im having issues with replay cameras. All my onboard cameras have become messed up and i cant reset them can anyone help me. I really dont know what to do to make them right if anyone can assist id be greatful in as simplest of ways you can describe would be great. As you can see below thats my views lol rn_image_picker_lib_temp_3cc26672-2b89-4818-84b3-daebe7d545e8.jpg rn_image_picker_lib_temp_7f276d0c-f076-4be6-912e-4a9d266c841f.jpg

2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

@jonno Looks like free cam is turned on, does the camera moves with mouse ? if yes then its free cam and i believe "U" is the key to enable/disable it OR look into options for camera , incase u have different key assigned to it.

3. jonno

jonno Registered

Free cam is off mt default is U iv tried resetting postion using a guied i found on here and it says once in postion press esc to save but it does nothing lol. I dont even know if theres suposed to be a default camera.ini setting in the folders iv looked all over and can not find a file called cameras..

4. redapg

redapg Registered

@jonno Did you try it with a fresh UserData Folder already, just to check, if a corrupted User File causes the Problem?
    If not, before you start the Game, rename the Folder
    ..\rFactor 2\UserData
    into
    ..\rFactor 2\UserData_Backup
    for Example.
    Then start the Game and check the Cameras before you do anything else.
    Does that solve the Problem?

5. jonno

jonno Registered

yeah that puts it back to normal so what file would cause that then.???

6. redapg

redapg Registered

@jonno I would suggest to rename the fresh UserData Folder into UserData_new for Example and make a Copy of your old (renamed) UserData Folder and rename that to UserData.
    In that Way, you have the Backup of your old Folder, the renamed fresh Folder and the Copy of the old Folder to test.
    So nothing can get lost.
    Then i would start with the player.json and the Controller.json that you use.
    (Always test 1 File after another)
    If you doesn't have saved an own/customized Controller.json, you have to replace the Controller.json, that is in the "player" Subfolder, with the fresh one.
    If you use an own customized Controller.json, delete it and save your Settings in a new one.
    It's a bit hard to explain, how to try to find the problematic File.
    It's some "Try and Error". ;)

7. redapg

redapg Registered

@jonno Also the all_vehicles.ini in the ..\UserData\player Folder can eventually be the Reason.