Offline performance metrics and benchmarks for achievement identification and goal se

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by P.S.R., Mar 20, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Below are performance indicators that I am planning to use to add meaning to my offline racing. Am I missing any that you find useful? Constructive responses only, please.

Ideally, all measured under identical conditions

Personal / rival(s) best race result at combo with [y]% AI strength

Pole position with combo and [y]% AI strength

Personal / session / rival(s)' best lap time with combo and [y]% AI strength

Race win / podium with combo with [y]% AI strength

Lap record with combo

Top 10 leaderboard time with combo

Leaderboard time within [x]% of lap record for combo

Personal / rival(s) leaderboard time / rank for combo

Position / rival(s)' current position in offline championship or TT series

Personal / rival(s)' current / best offline championship or TT series final result

Head to head race / championship / TT series record against rival(s)

% races finished

% races re-started

% full race weekends completed (especially first time driving a combo) vs straight to race

IRL average lap / record with combo

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yes as I already pointed out in other offline thread

Fuel usage can have a totally different effect to decreasing / increasing Ai strength

In a F3 Race with 1X fuel the Ai just go like bats from hell from lap 1, they are doing qual. pace the entire race and barely get faster by end.

In same race with 3x fuel they qual much slower, race slower but at 2/3rd distance (30 minute race) with lower fuel they start to push hard and lap faster then qual.

With full tank race I seen F3 AI spear off the track at Parabolica and cars run wide on grass where as with 1 x fuel they barely move.

When you reduce AI strength it has concertina effect on the things they do not do so great.

Where as more fuel you can get much the same outcome of slowing them up but without reducing their ability, brakes, corner speed, acceleration, and top speed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015