Offline driver swap TEAMS races using resume from replay- what we have found

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

There are a group of us doing offline multiclass races against AI as a team. One guy does a stint, then sends the replay file to the next guy who then takes the next stint and so on. We've done a 4 and 6 hour race this way and here is what we have found. The process is a little buggy, but more than anything it is complicated and very touchy- everything has to be just so and everyone has to be on the same page and set the game up correctly or there are game-ending problems that can arise. It is VERY difficult to make the race fair in regards to pit stops. It is so easy to quit or resume at the wrong time and the AI end up getting full service for nothing more than the time it takes to drive through pit lane, or just stop in their pit box and leave in a very short time.

OK, we have done a few races and this is what we have found. You can do offline races and swap around replays and resume someone else's replay and it is great to do- you are racing as a team, but against AI. For one, the guy starting the race (it's best to start with NO RFMOD, just set it up like any other offline race) can't have any virtual teams he's created with any of the mods or anyone who tries to resume (including him) will get "Unknown Mod" error.

-you have to make sure the AI pit fully and leave the pits and get out on track before you quit at any time (and before you pick up a replay too). If you quit while AI are in the pits or on pit road, they will either finish thier pitstop immediately (resulting in a full service in a fraction of the time) or drive through the pitlane and end up with a full tank of fuel and new tires- huge AI advantage!
    -don't quit until your pitstop is done and you are pulling out (and before you pick up the replay too). The pit stop will end as soon as you resume resulting in a stop that is too fast.
    -you resume from a replay with a 100% fixed car and fresh tires. You will start with the fuel level you ended with. I am still not sure, but I think AI start with the fuel level they had when the player quits
    -AI strength and Aggression ,This is not set by the guy who made the replay, but by the settings of the one taking the stint.
    -Caution periods are all messed up in AI races, the AI cannot seem to do a proper caution restart. There has been accident after accident after accident when I have tried and worst yet- this is a deal breaker- if the AI run low on fuel during a caution, they will run out on track and not pit and will ALL DNF at once. It's best to use Black Flag rules only.

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Thanks for the info! I may have to join in these races when I move into the sticks and only have satellite network access...