Official ISI server mismatch

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Miro, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Miro

Miro Registered

Just tried the MP, seen an ISI server in white colour. Clicked it, first all good, same version. Then it goes read and says the server is on build 770.
    It also says first it's an GT server and then jumps to Clio in the infos on the left side. I still could join but got disconnected with a mismatch massage in the chat again (something about palm beach).

You can see it in the video.

Edit: Installed Palm Beach and was able to join. The server loaded the Vette at Palm Beach now.
    The first time as I lost connection and haven't had Palm Beach installed I was on Silverstone International.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
  2. Miro

Miro Registered

Also just will say for me personally this build is the biggest improvement since the release of rF2. I am not a tech guy and dunno exactly why as the release notes don't say anything too but the FFB has improved quite much. The cars are more predictable now, much more.
    Rain driving improvement is also very nice but it needs still some work I guess. Cars are also much easier on the brakes now IMO.
    The biggest difference for me is with the FISI, as I never felt any confidence with that car which has changed now a lot.

I just can't believe this is some placebo really but I'd really like to know what changes were done. The cars are more controlable on a green track as well now.

Godd work really, keep it up!

Cheers.

3. Miro

Miro Registered

Oh wait, just noticed, it first says buld 798 and the unstable is 789...:confused:
    I am online now with the unstable build.

But seriously no idea if this helps with anything at all lol.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

I notice absolutely zero change in driving physics or FFB in the past 2-3 builds. This comes from league racer that regularly races the FISI 2012, I'm normally very sensitive to these things. Also the release notes don't suggest any change was made.

5. Miro

Miro Registered

Don't know, maybe I am just nuts meanwhile lol.
    When I do testing I allways start with the Skippy. I have the impression that the cars give just more feedback at throttle and braking seems to be easier for me. As if there would be more longitudinal grip/control/feel with the cars. It's not really faster, there is just more feedback IMO.

Rain driving Is different too I am pretty sure. With older builds as soon as you start to slip in rain the tires would go insane with the temps immediately and you'd loose it. Now there is a lot more control. The Skippy is pretty amazing IMO. Still can't match the AI times no where near as with dry conditions.

I may be wrong tho, but I'd preffer not to be in this case. :)

6. TPG

TPG Registered

Unstable Build 789: I'm seeing the same as the OP concerning the MM ISI Official GT Server, the Race Series is listed as CamaroGT3 @Palm Beach, when you click on the entry listing it turns Red and shows Clio's @Mills_Inner and Build 770 info on left (in Red). It let me click "Join" anyway and the "GetMod" downloaded the Clio's (2 downloads), when the car selection UI popped up only Corvettes were available. I was able to join the server in a Corvette @Palm Beach.

Confirm the Server Name says its ISI Official GT Build798, I'm sure it's just a typo but it only adds to the confusion of the issues listed above.

7. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I have the same results as Mrslfrsl with the ISI server. Click on it and it switches around. I can use getmod and get into Ari's server 789 fyi.

8. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Well. I have a bit similar feeling to Miroslav. Tested with Marussia, FISI and Darche. FFB is a tad different to me (I even tried with default and my custom made controler profile) and I like it. Not sure if it's the reason for me feeling a bit more stability in all cars that I've tried or there's some changes to grip levels becasue I did back to back tests with everything set as close as possible and I'm positive there's sth different. Both in feel and actual car behaviour.

9. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I must add my impressions, for some newer mod cars the FFB is much improve, the older ones seem to have worsen. They may need updates. For example, the C6R from URD is incredible, I can feel everything, on the other hand the BMW F1 2008 is very vague and loose.