Oculus Rift (3D/Virtual Reality) Support

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by concretec0w, Oct 2, 2012.

?

Will you buy for a Rift/HMD in the future?

1. I will be pre-ordering before Jan

33.3%
  2. I intend to buy production hardware when it's officially released

66.7%
  3. I'm gonna skip this generation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I can't see the point

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm scared of 3D, it makes me puke!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. concretec0w

concretec0w Registered

Have you guys seen the Rift?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pRHVJVgFF38

Seriously impressive piece of kit. Something I've been waiting for for a long time. Back when I had a CRT monitor I installed NVidia's 3d drivers and played richard burns rally, GP legends, grand theft auto, etc. It was pretty good for back then, but this thing completely blows that experience out of the water....

imagine being able to drive on a new track and predict braking points far more easily - just because you can judge distances better... imagine being able to see cars to your left and right through your peripheral vision or better yet, behind you (by turning your head)
    imagine the immersion levels this would create in racing, let alone other genres like flight/fps/strategy games

Personally, I'm waiting for the production release which I'm hoping to see by mid 2013. You can, however, pre-order a rift right now from their website and get it by Jan 2013.

I vote that this should be high on the priority list as it'll take RF2 to the next level for us guys and also boost revenue for ISI lol.

I've seen the topic covered already (http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ight=Oculus+Rift+(3D/Virtual+Reality)+Support) but wanted to make a quick poll to make it easy for the devs to see if there's much interest in their community

Cheers
    Sunil