Oct. RC issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by davehenrie, Oct 18, 2022.

1. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

It doesn't seem mod specific as you don't even need one installed via MAS2 for the issue to occur. You just need to give a new mod a name then it stops working. The "create new mod package" wizard will not complete even after deleting the two files in the "appdata" folder. The old MAS2 works with both non-RC and RC, the new MAS2 doesn't work with the RC (not tried new MAS2 with Non-RC). MAS2_x64 works with RC. As long as the x64 version works all is good.

2. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Ahh, ohh, I see, sorry.
    I'm definitely getting old. :oops:

3. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

An old bug that still persist in the latest RC.
    Using Oculus VR Headset, using the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup and any track (Nurburgring as test but it happens in all tracks official or mods); the left eye lenses start flickering when there are 4 or more visible opponents. This issue does not happens with other models like BTCC or other models (Paid DLCs or mods).
    The issue is not only distracting but make you fells sick and made the porsche unplayable in VR races.

Hazi likes this.
  4. FERNANDO CABRERA

FERNANDO CABRERA Registered

Is related to this bug

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....porsche-gt3-cup-car.72360/page-2#post-1110112

5. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

Hey there, I have the exact same issue ,and tried lowering the AI aggression to 5% to absolutely no avail... Did you manage to fix it ?

6. Dirtnz

Dirtnz Registered

Still having these issues in every build since the Q2 update - RC, standard, dev mode, single player etc etc etc regardless of assigned controllers or calibration settings even after generating new json files absolutely nothing has resolved this, along with already reported dev mode crash's from generating new AIW files I have not been able to complete a new track build for 6 months now it really is beyond exhausting.

7. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You're using cam move left, right, up, down correct?

8. Dirtnz

Dirtnz Registered

Yes correct.

As displayed in the video all controls work fine in replay mode but not whilst live (which you need to be to generate new cameras) and the only way I could get the camera to rotate was by un-assigning all the key commands so it defaulted to the mouse which is fine but also does not work the same when creating cameras as you need to click and hold while rotating which only gives you limited movements.

I have done everything from removing controllers, keyboards, json files, to deleting the whole ModDev folder and letting it repopulate absolutely everything and still get the same results in both dev mode and full version in every possible build since Q2 even the old ui has inherited the bug so it has me completely lost.

Aside from completely uninstalling the whole game, mods and all and having a totally complete fresh install I have tried everything but if I've already removed the ModDev folder and let it repopulate surely that should return the same results as a whole fresh install would it not?

9. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I believe cockpit cameras are limited in their movement. You would need to use a different camera to move around.

10. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

in the camera editor, you edit the values in the tweakbar in mod dev don't you? The video is retail, where the cockpit movement is indeed limited, although maybe is something odd going on there.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  11. Dirtnz

Dirtnz Registered

It is not actually camera related per say or controller related there is a clear loss in function between modes, I have made another video showcasing how these functions work in one mode but not the other regardless of starting from an incar cam or trackside and the limitations faced trying to create/place new trackside cams using the toggle fly function.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
  12. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

I don't seem to have this problem. My movement buttons work in all directions.

I use my 360 XBox controller for my moments and looks like this.
    upload_2022-11-16_18-45-38.jpeg

Very odd bug you have.

13. Dirtnz

Dirtnz Registered

This just confuses me even more because I too was using an XBox controller in that last video but even if I assign movements to the keyboard or other device I get the same results however your video clearly shows the build working so it must be purely at my end in which case I need to figure it out one way or another.

Cheers for the confirmation video though mate been waiting months for a proper response to confirm what you have so thank you.