Nvidia Surround UI

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Spyder, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Hi, I have a problem with my UI when running triple screens in nvidia surround, the screen appears to stretch slightly resulting in the loss of text on the edges! This also occurs in races although it is less annoying than in the menus ... Anyone else have this or know of a fix? Couldn't seem to find any posts about it, thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Fergy

Fergy Registered

You can scale your screen size from Nvidia Control Panel under Display, Adjust desktop size and position. Hope that helps.

3. Spyder

Spyder Registered

My screen size when at desktop is perfect though, set it using bezel corrected 6050x1080 and I have the same resolution selected in rfactor. If I change the desktop size and position won't this mess up my other games that work fine??

4. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Not sure, hope some with a similar resolution can add some advice. Test it to see what happens.

5. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Right, the problem seems to be my custom resolution set with the nvidia control panel to compensate for monitor bezels. If I run the standard 5760x1080 the UI and game screen remains fully visible, but when I select the bezel adjusted resolution of 5990x1080 I lose the edges on the main monitor.

Other games don't have this problem so it appears rather than using the resolution I've selected rFactor stretches 5760 to fill 5990... Very annoying!! Could a Dev possibly comment on whether this is being looked into??

6. Bart S

Bart S Member

Yes this is a real pain even for us eyefinity users, it would be great if they built in an extended display function for future proofing but that could add to more problems. the best thing they could do is probably reposition the menu screens closer to the center.
    Can you create a hotkey on your keyboard to jump between bezel compensated and not, it is a tad annoying tho i must admit.
    ISI need to take this into acount triple screens are getting very popular now and shouldnt be ignored.

7. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Thanks Bart, just needed it confirming that it wasn't just me suffering from this! What's don't understand is why this problem isn't there in games like Dirt and F12011 when i use my bezel compensated resolution? In iracing I understand that I use the in program bezel compensation but rFactor just seems to stretch the image rather than rendering more of it thus obscuring the menus.

I'm not technically minded enough to know why this happens, maybe someone else can explain it properly, would be real nice if ISI did something about it though!