NVIDIA inspector

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1Aussie, May 14, 2018.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Hi all, anyone here use NVIDIA inspector? I am looking to use it on my single 1080ti and was wondering if anyone has any tips on setting it up for rf2?
    Cheers

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I used it maybe 1 or two years ago, but I messed up something.
    Performance was not good and it didn't look better.
    But to be honest I'm not a PC pro and googled a lot for all the different settings.
    I gave it up and reinstalled my drivers.

F1Aussie likes this.
  3. Travis

Travis Registered

Some time ago one of the track artists answered a question about the use of Nvidia Inspector and rF2.

The opinion was not to use NI and instead use the in-game settings for anti aliasing etc. This is the opposite advice for isimotor 2 sims (AMS, Race 07, GTR 2 etc) as NI greatly enhances the visuals.

The problem is the in-game settings often leave one guessing as to what level of anti aliasing is being used as level 1-5 isn't helpful.

I refer to the Nvidia control panel and look to see what AA can be forced for rF2 - it's usually 2 X MSAA to 8 X MSAA (or similar) and then correlate back to the in-game settings.

F1Aussie likes this.
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Ive just started testing this
    https://www.reddit.com/r/simracing/...project_cars_2_in_vr/?st=jgbowlot&sh=cab9100c
    With rF2 to see if it helps in VR .
    Nothing to report yet as I havent had enough time to Compare other than it does seem to have an effect . Not sure if it's positive or negative yet .
    In game AA works well enough but whether or not nV Insp is more efficient or not is yet to be determined .
    AF seems to be Off in nVi Insp by default for rF2 on my system ??

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Thanks for the replies guys, I think for someone with my limited computer skills I am better off leaving this alone.

6. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

In the control panel of Nvidia OR Nvidia Inspector, I suggest the following (the loss of FPS is low but the improvement of the quality of all the textures of the image is better) :

Change the texture filtering from " HIGH " to " VERY HIGH ".
    Make sure texture filtering optimizations are off, but they automatically turn off automatically.

On the other hand, if you do not have the maximum anisotropric filtering (X16), this has no interest.

- More flickering of textures
    - Homogeneous filtering
    - Many more details in textures that are a little far away.
    - Sharper picture.

On Full HD + very big screen + 65 cm of the screen, it's really better for my eyes, with a very reasonable loss of FPS.

7. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

I used on dx9 to set super sampling. In dx11 this function doesnt exists.