Nvidia files. clamp negatives LOD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smr_hot, Nov 14, 2014.

1. smr_hot

smr_hot Registered

add this files to antivirus exceptions. they are safe.

2. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Sorry for my ignorance and but can someone give me a little detail on what goes on if I click the "patch" button. It looks like a file "nv3dumx.dll" will be patched (with an option to save the original) but I don't see the original. How does it work its magic? Does it alter the actual drivers? I'm willing to try a magic black box but I'd like to know I can get back to my previous state.

3. smr_hot

smr_hot Registered

Unzip the patchers into any folder. Copy mv3dum.dll from /windows/system32 and nv3dumx.dll from /windows/syswow64. put into the same folder whith the patchers and execute both.
    The news files must placed in rFactor2 folders. nv3dumx.dll in rFactor2\Bin64 and nv3dum.dll in rFactor2\Bin32. easy.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for the instructions. Do you need both files regardless of which version of rF2 you are running (64 or 32), or just the relevant one?

5. smr_hot

smr_hot Registered

Just the relevant one. Nv3dumx.dll.
    Nv3dum.dll works well in rFactor.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
  6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

OK, miracle worker :) Can you get standard super sampling to activate? MS and SGSS work fine, but SS doesn't work on many of our rigs. A major annoyance since it should provide more than adequate image quality with less performance drop than SGSS.

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Supersampling working here last time I checked....12xS, 8xS, etc. For just transparency objects, I'm pretty sure transparency supersampling worked as well.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Talking about standard NVIDIA or built-in rF2 settings with simple 2x, 4x or 8x SS added. No fancy Inspector ;)

9. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Yeah I understand the instructions. My question is: What does the executable do besides "work very well"? Does it alter (patch) the nvidia drivers? What all does it do to them? Just enable clamping negative LOD bias? If I'm not happy do I have to reinstall the drivers?

If it's too complicated to explain (in terms a layman can understand) can you link me to the Nvidia discussion?

10. smr_hot

smr_hot Registered

The patch only clamp negative LOD in the file. The original ones placed in /windows/syswow64 stay untouched. When you start rfactor, the game first check if there any *.dll in game folder avoid to use it instead the original. When you don't want it anymore, just delete the file.
    (I would have preferred post in the Spanish forum.... i don't know if you understand my explications with my basic english.)

11. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Your English is fine. Sorry to be a worrier but I just didn't want to click an executable described as a patch without having some idea of what it will do. Thanks for the explanation. I give it a go.

12. smr_hot

smr_hot Registered

I understand, just click on an executable of unknown origin is not very nice.

13. Thepharcyde

Thepharcyde Registered

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS FILE, IT'S PACKAGED WITH SPYWARE THAT'S TAKEN ME 1 HOUR TO REMOVE.

OP - please use credible hosting sites that do not repackage uploads with this garbage!

14. philman

philman Registered

@smr_hot. Could you please make a new version of the patch for nvidia driver 347.09?
    Thanks in advance.