SOLVED Nurburgring missing

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by FearFactory, Nov 11, 2022.

Tags:
  1. FearFactory

FearFactory Registered

Nurburgring is missing in game while it is in my inventory. I tried everything suggested in other threads. One of them is switching to old ui. When I do that Nurburgring gets installed and in game it appears. Switching back to latest makes it disappear again.

I see the workshop files at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\365960\1737056846
    Don't have any other mods enabled. Removed any plugins. Etc.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Does it get uninstalled (no Nurburgring_2018 and Subfolders in the ..\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations Folder anymore) or is it still installed there and just doesn't appear in the Menu?

3. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

@FearFactory
    Is it installed in the "management content" menu?

20221112090728_1.jpg
    20221112090544_1.jpg

And as @redapg says you can also see this in your file explorer at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations\Nurburgring_2018"

Sometimes when you have bought a DLC or subscribed to a workshop item, you'll have to restart rfactor2 one or two times for it to install.

4. FearFactory

FearFactory Registered

Thanks for your replies! I just checked. I switched to latest, the folder was there (with contents, in Installed directory). I kept it open while starting the game. The folder gets deleted just before the loading screen appears, I guess while syncing with the workshop.

I don't see the track in the packages screen either. It appears to happen with Monza as well. I got these tracks a while back, I just noticed it now.

5. redapg

redapg Registered

@FearFactory That sounds totally strange and i have never seen someone reporting something like that.
    To switch between different Builds should not have any Effect on installed Items, neither DLC nor Workshop Items.
    I would suggest to directly contact S397, to ask what the Reason could be.

6. FearFactory

FearFactory Registered

Weird huh? I will do that. Thanks for your help!

7. FearFactory

FearFactory Registered

I figured out the cause. There were empty files in my root rfactor directory called 'Monza_2021.mft', 'Nurburgring_2018.mft', etc. Deleting these files and booting the game caused the dlc to be installed.

Uninstalling through steam leaves a lot of files behind. So after uninstall delete all files from disk as well to begin with a clean sheet.

Lazza, redapg and atomed like this.