Nuerburg_GP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by lagg, Sep 24, 2013.

1. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I used to think very seriously about trying track building.
    Thinking that I would start with a conversion, and why wouldn't I make it public if I succeeded, in order to learn about it.
    I might be a little excited about having accomplished it.

Lately, I'm thinking why bother........why invest the time...... only to be run out of town on a rail, if the first attempt wasn't superb and could only be ran on $1,000 dollar computer.

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I'm done with this section. There's no point offering feedback or asking questions round here.

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Let me tell you something. I spent 1000 € in a laptop that fully achieved recommended hardware requirements provided by ISI in february 2012. According to your post I still will have to wait about three years until I upgrade. I cannot play on max settings with a good framerate. Why should I bother about the aspect of a track If I cannot take advantage of it. Should I spend hours just for your visual joy providing tracks for you that you are not giving us any money and are comparing our work with Isi's? Dont have even the right to mention I would say.

As you know building tracks taking advantage from rf2 capabilities is much more resource and time consuming than for rf1. If you want to have better tracks, ask ISI to release a user friendly tool to help building tracks so that normal people who dont have thousands of spare hours to dedicate to research to build a track up to expected quality standard can do it the way you want and stop giviving your expert advice to us, amateur modders, which also have eyes and realise that our tracks dont look that nice.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Nice to hear from people like you going away from these kind of threads. Your silly feedback was useless.

5. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

Hi,

I know that it's not easy and that people can be unappreciative and at times rude:)

Please don't let a few inconsiderate comments sway you from further working on this and other tracks.

kind regards,

Sean

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Quite simply, the amount of work and TALENT required to make a good quality track (conversion or scratch-built) in rF2 is probably 10x that of rF1. Ask ISI graphics people and designers how much time/effort they are spending.

We are victims of progress. If you want modern looking tracks and cars and to take advantage of all the bells and whistles rF2 offers vs. rF1, then we just "reduced the gene pool" by a factor of 10. There will be very, very few people who are a feels3 level of skill. Of those people, how many will have the time to dedicate to doing this--not even feels3 has time the last while.

There are two inevitable outcomes to this: 1) we will have a lot fewer tracks for rF2 than we did for rF1. 2) People trying to do tracks on their own are deluding themselves. Even plelcair who has performed miracles with the Ring recognizes that at some point others need to be brought into work on components that he is not the expert in. Why kill yourself to do 90% of a track and then leave the other 10% an eye sore or non-functional just because you don't have the particular skills or talent for that component/element?

I am thrilled to see lots of great collaboration on this board. People are starting to work together and the results will soon show.

A last point that can't go without comment is the common situation where we have two (or more) versions of the same track being worked on. This is just stupid. In the old days, when you could knock off a conversion fairly quickly, OK. Now, the amount of work is staggering. It makes no sense to divide resources and end up with two sub-standard versions of the same track instead of one good one by working together. The first step of working together is to look at assets and decide the pros and cons of which version is easiest/best to work on, or, could the two be combined?

And people who are asking common-sense questions about all of this should be welcomed, not shoo-ed away. Anyone who gives-up working on a track because of a couple of straightforward questions wasn't serious in the first place. Most likely, they began to realize what a tall order it would be to do anything worthy of distribution and gave up. Hpefully some of these people will reach out to others and become part of teams with various talented people. The others can work on things for their own use and pleasure and the rest of us need not know about it.

7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Sorry but I just have to thank Lagg again for this incredible track. My new favorite track in rF2. I even changed my league schedule this week to this track. Just amazing. Was driving 60s F1 which is amazing until Howston's came out which are, incredibly, equally amazing on this track.

8. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Very good track

9. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Add me to the list of people who are appreciative of your efforts on this track... Thanks Lagg!

10. Dale B

Dale B Registered

2nd this post, there are so many of us that are so appreciative of all the time you and all the modders put into our enjoyment, sometimes words just can't express how much enjoyment we get from your hard work!

11. lagg

lagg Registered

Thanks for your interest.
    In december i'll continue improving the circuit.
    I'm not going to release it here, or announce the progress any more
    If someone is interested i'll publish it in our web.
    Bye.

12. Rtsrcool

Rtsrcool Registered

Hi lagg, i wanted to thank you for converting this track and for all the work you put into this project. I think you did a very nice job and i had much fun on the track!

It's a real shame that certain "Mr. Know-it-all"s screwed it for everybody else! I can understand your frustration though!

Of course i'm still interested in your further improvements, please let me know where i can follow the future progress! ;)

13. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Me also. Tx whoever discouraged this fella. A real shame cause I love this track. Keep up the great work Lagg. Please post your web please.

14. lagg

lagg Registered

Making click in the nick you can access to the web of someone (if it's introduced, of course).
    I prefer not to show it to avoid criticisms.

15. Rtsrcool

Rtsrcool Registered

Got it, muchas gracias señor! :)

16. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

I want to go ahead and throw my support behind you again as well, I am VERY appreciative of all the work you've put into making this great track drivable. Constructive criticism is always helpful, of course, but I think some don't understand the difference between constructive criticism and outright condescension. This track is absolutely worth my time, I'm glad I know about it, and I just hope that I'm able to somehow keep up with any further progress on it. Thank you again for your hard work lagg.

17. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

So what exactly was so horrible someone said that you must now "avoid criticisms"?

18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Read the thread and judge yourself! The tone that the "so horrible" term gives to your sentence is quite provoking and intentioned I would say. If you really were interested you would have asked in a different way.

19. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I did read the thread but it seems I have missed that one reply and that is why I asked. But you are right I think the reaction is too extreme.

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Then I was right not answering. If for you everything is fine, you dont kneed to know. You wanted a reply to say how extreme the reaction was. Be in peace and accept people decisions. Good afternoon.