Now we can compare FFB in rF2 and AC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marc Collins, Jan 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

AC is coming along nicely, the ffb is good but I much prefer rf2s. the recent AI addition is a good start but there's a lot of work to be done yet,, new update today improves them already so the signs are good.

the main thing for me is the brilliant performance with AI on track, I haven't had to lower any settings which surprised me...in a very good way!

2. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

Penalty system gone in latest hotfix , one thing for sure AC seems to get things done rather quickly .

- Removed penalty system in race special events
    - Fixed session over leaderboard
    - Fixed session result post session
    - Added more slipstream
    - AI acts less superhuman after collisions
    - Replay memory limit slider increased to 500mb
    - Added missing skins for BMW M3 grA
    - Modifications on collisions boxes of very low cars.

3. smithaz

smithaz Registered

You must admit most of those don't sound too complicated, a couple of them are adjusting a multiplier.

4. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Many times fixes and adjustments are not complicated. It is matter of will. I like how AC developers react to issues, it is good approach in early access development as it keeps peers happy and active. Then again rF2 is not ISI's main project and money machine so they can do what ever they want with it.

5. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Been driving AC some since purchase yesterday. Probably need to drive more before forming opinion but so far:
    1. Feel some bumps through FFB but the bumps do not upset the car.
    2. Beautiful to look at. You tube does not do it justice. The one thing I really like and wish ISI would incorporate into rF2 is the atmospheric perspective that gives AC a 3D look!
    3. All of the cars I have tried, 49, Elise, and one of the Ferraris have a lot of corner entry understeer which my limited fiddling has been unable to dial out. This likely will be the deal breaker for me.
    4. rF2 requires constant small corrections to keep the car on line while AC seems to mainly a matter of not overcooking the entry so as to avoid understeering off the corner.
    5. AI seems promising as does rF2 AI.
    6. I agree that probably AC is not aimed at being a hardcore sim. I believe Kunos is on record as wanting AC to appeal to a larger audience than NetKar Pro did.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2014
  6. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Yes, and that makes me sad, because nKP was way ahead of everything else before GSC and rF2. I bet it makes business sense with everything they've spent on licensing and scanning.

7. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I also just recently purchased AC and the understeer took me back a little, I though it was just the stock street cars. I tried the 49...understeery as well, could be the perceived speed sense I still have to give it more time but I couldn't dial out the understeer.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

And remember that AC is no different from every other sim in that there is some mystery around the FFB settings--and they keep changing.

Set Dampening strength to 100% in Windows control panel; FFB to 100% in AC and all other sliders to zero (especially the canned effects sliders). You will/should have very strong FFB that is equivalent in forces and subtlety to rF2. Perhaps even stronger due to the slightly higher amount of return to centre forces that AC deploys compared to rF2. If you are not using these "pure" settings, at least as a start to compare and adjust to your preference, you're not really in a position to comment regarding my original post. rF2 is much better with out of the box settings, but you still have to use 100% dampening in the control panel and don't touch the default in-sim settings (again, pure, unfiltered FFB).

I stand by my comment that they are remarkably similar now when adjusted in this way. They were not before--AC was dull and lifeless in 0.1!

9. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Totally agree regarding understeer problem and comments about nkp and going backward. If i had to choose between smaller audiene, more hard core and less licensing i woukd in a second. Isi does a great job with fantasy tracks and we also know we are not doing IRL racing so why not just make sim racing it's own thing and forget the douchbags who have console crap to buy if they want to feed their delusions.

10. panande

panande Registered

Hah step in the throttle in the new 1M and think over that too much grip thing again :)

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

11. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

I had the same experience

12. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

In the Abarth it is awful, cars breaking too hard to try and go around others and wild swerves off racing line etc. Terrible AI.

13. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

In reply to SkeleTele:

Same, I find myself wildly having to turn the wheel like there is no power steering through corners just to prevent going off wide!

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

Oh....there are many things to complain about, if it was necessary or wished but i don't, and not only because every developer i've met in forums won't here, the fanboys won't as well, and i'm tired to get attacked for honesty and helpfulness, so let the guys do there work and i for one set my priority after the work has finished, nothing more easy than that. For whom i or anybody else should loose nervs and face, when there is no real intrest about anybodys opinion, because we are nobody.

All the WIP projects are already very promising but if they all will met everybodys expections is questionable, what for sure is impossible. It is not worth to make thoughtful.

At the end of the day the majority determines the direction, what is logical. I would also follow the majority where the money comes from.

15. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

They could have made a less accessible game with options for the consoles dudes.
    They had to make the game super popular because they chose to spend a lot of money. I have nothing against that, I'm just not very interested. I'm just wondering if the nKP Lambo was more accurate than the AC stuff, and that's a bit problematic.

16. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

My TX1 wheel is coming today I will try those settings with it. But this will not solve the understeer

17. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Whoever putting AC in the same genre of Forza is a sort of idiot. Nothing more, nothing less.

18. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

This...
    and this

More than contradictory, are quite representative of general opinions I've been reading here. Such "I dont know anything but I want to do any statement because I like".

19. Galaga

Galaga Banned

you can't make options for console dudes because then they would lose the delusion that they are gifted motorsports gods.

20. samuelw

samuelw Registered

After posting last night took a few more AC cars out because the graphics are just so darn seductive. The postives are the graphics and tire model. Man the tires feel great when the front end of the car slides. Kunos really has a top of the line tire model.

Tried the formula car. Cranking in more front wing did not noticably affect corner entry understeer. More front wing just leads to understeer induced snap oversteer later in the corner. Other mechanical means for dialing out entry understeer had similar outcomes. Also tried the BMW M1. It was a little better in that I could really feel the superb tire model but it still understeered. I am reminded of the scene in Rush where the Lauda character tells the Ferrari guy (paraphrasing) you have all these resources znd still build an awful car that understeers like a pig.

SW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.