Now that some sort of "deadline" is near

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yifter, Jun 5, 2014.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

These " are called quotation marks, so by writing "deadline" you're effectively quoting someone directly, hence the confusion that you quoted ISI and therefore this leads to people's assumptions that ISI have set a "deadline" when in fact they have not.

In lamens terms, don't use " unless ISI have said the quote themselves.

2. yifter

yifter Registered

Thanks MarcG, i understand. Lesson learned.

In Germany the BILD (a big, erm, "newspaper" ;) i think its safe to call it a tabloid ) ) would use the term "DDR" to belittle the (former state, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GDR) GDR or express the fact, that this state is not recognized as a second german state. It also carries the notion of: so called GDR.

How would i achieve the same thing in english?

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Unfortunately.... things in quotes can mean both things :D Oh don't you love the english language! :D

4. crz

crz Registered

Don't use the "Bild" as a reference please ... :D

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

"Layman's terms". Terms that a layperson (a person of average knowledge) can understand. 'Lamens' looks like a cross between the reproductive organ of a flower (stamen) and the brightness of a candle/light (lumen) ;)

Anyway, as much as this is all a bit off-topic, whether the quoted "deadline" is meant to be a direct quote or not is beside the point; I'm still wondering what the OP was referring to, because I haven't seen any indication that we're approaching any sort of significant event or transition with rF2. The only thing I can think of is the next build, but there still doesn't seem to be any reason to attach any more importance to it than all the previous builds.

So why ask now if some aspects of the sim are going to be cleaned up / fixed / adjusted / etc? A deadline would suggest a time when those things need to be resolved to avoid some sort of calamity... I don't see it, but people don't often write these things by accident.

6. PMC

PMC Registered

I think he means , because all the initial beta testers who brought the yearly subscription are due to renew and for many this is some sort of deadline with the decision to renew another year or go the lifetime or not at all :)

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not only are you right, but he confirmed this himself back on the first page... :eek:

I'll just... er... go away now...

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1 to everything in here.

9. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Going to let my MP lapse for a bit and enjoy some Assetto corsa, I'm sure ISI will give us something new. Enjoying both sims equally at the moment though where one lacks, the other picks up and vice versa.

Biggest thing is the poor performance of RF2. Hoping the 64 Bit update which will allow our PCs to stretch there legs. Right now mine acts like a 6 foot 8 inch man trying to drive a Ford ranger single cab manual shift.

10. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

I have to say I am going to let my MP lapse in four days as well. I will check the updates, try some mods and see if the community adopts it more, certainly leagues close to me are not.

If it starts to get popular for online then I will jump back in but not much rf2 happening in this part of the world right now. AC is free for MP, my friends have it and we all like it so I see it being our MP game of choice right now. I need more motivation to pay to play rf2 MP.

11. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

+1 regarding MP. Massive room for improvements in this area and am going to wait for it to hopefully become much better. I have actually given up lately because of greyed out join button - I must admit I dont have the patience to restart and refresh - restart and refresh etc. And I am definitely not going to pay for something like that. If/when it gets more polished and solid I will perhaps join again.