Now that im all frustrated. :mad:

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RCRacing, Jun 17, 2012.

1. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Started out doing the full install of Beta 90. Couldnt get all mods working. So... Thought Id go back to 85 and get everything working again and low and behold, cant get everything installed AGAIN. Can anyone help me get this thing working right. I feel pretty damn stupid here but can someone maybe give me a walk through with a list of what I need. Im cleaning out my rF2 download folder except for build 85 and update 90 or full 90 till I get some help. Tx in advance

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I've stayed away from all community made mods and haven't had any issues with crashes or errors. I'm not sure what you're doing wrong but before you uninstall rFactor2 you'll want to keep the .rfactor file in appdata/roaming and you could also keep your packages file. Do the full install of 90 which if I remember right is the first download of the latest post.

3. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Yeah I may do that also. Tx for the advice.

4. LorenzoPR

LorenzoPR Registered

I had got the same problem...
    Just try to uninstall EVERYTHING from old rF2, including AppData "rFactor." folder and all rF2 folders in your documents. Then install Full Build 90 installer and reactivate your license.
    After all this my rF2 build 90 works fine!

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

IMHO you will get less problems if you install rFactor2 and all the data folders to one directory. I don't use My Documents for anything and I have had few problems

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Because some other mods need the Renaults installed first, I would always recommend getting them installed and updated first, then the 60's installed and updated, then the others. FISI 2011 probably last.

90 does need all the mods updated again like 85 did.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I use the default locations and have never had issues. If you did, it was probably co-incidence.

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

i was in same state of frustration,

yes all the mods need to be installed for everything to work, tad fustrating though would maybe be best for each item to be a individual componant

9. buzard

buzard Registered

I had the same problem. I had forgot how rf2 "updates" the mods. You install the first version by selecting the mod that is displayed at the bottom of the mod manager.

Now is the part I forgot! Now in the upper part of the mod manager you can see "Formula Renault 3.5 v1.0" and "yes" for installed, but no updated below. Look at the screen again. There is a small astrix to the left of the mod. This means updates available.

Right click on "Formula Renault 3.5" and a box opens up with "update", click update, repeat.

I kept looking for the updates below where they were originally. Once the original mod is installed the update process is different.

Consistency ...........never heard of that word, what does it mean?