Released NOW Available Sebring International Raceway!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 27, 2018.

1. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Is anyoneelse having a problem getting Sebring to install on a stand alone server.
    When I go to install using modmgr on the server it verifies 100% then goes to install and gets to 66% then returns to the menu without installing. I have copied the .rfcmp to the server as a fresh file to ensure it wasn't corrupted in the transfer first time, still to no avail.
    Anyone at S397 or in the forum got any ideas for me to try.
    Thanks in advance.:)
    I had this same issue with the GTE pack and had to do a complete re-install on the server to get it to work, not sure I want to have to do that every time I get new paid content.:)

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Did you copy one or two .rfcmp files? There are two to copy over to the server's packages folder, then in mod manager the lower numbered one will show....install it, then the higher numbered one will show as an update.

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks Goanna but I copied both over and the 1.00 shows in the modmgr but not the 1.01 (because it's the update) and when I go to install the v1.00 it is as stated above. I installed the new BMW M8 no problems so I don't know why I'm getting this issue. Like I said I had the same problem when I initially went to install the GTE pack but did a re-inst on complete server to fix (frustrating)
    Will have another crack at it tomorrow.

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I've found that with adding new paid content to the server, I have to do the server unlock bin procedure thingy again to get the latest content to show/install correctly...try that and see what happens.

JimmyT likes this.
  5. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Whenever there's new content, you will have to regenerate new unlock bins.

JimmyT and Goanna like this.
  6. Depco

Depco Registered

I was just about to say that Chris. You beat me to the punch.

JimmyT likes this.
  7. Comante

Comante Registered

I hope the "Sebring experience" will bring improvements on the pavement detail of tracks we already have. I know this will mean spending time to update them, and I know that for many of them it will not be possible to update the surfaces with real samples from the original track, but anyway I feel that this should be the way to go, the bar has been raised, I just hope the official content will be on par or at least on the same league. I understand that THIS track is a special one and you can't expect to find the same level of "roughness" on a modern F1 track, but at the same time, It's unpleasant to feel very little or nothing on many tracks with my G27, and having to tone down the FFB on Sebring to avoid my Ikea desk to disassemble itself. :D I will never blame again my wheel to not be strong enough, it's just the tracks that aren't "strong enough". :p

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Was going to get round to trying to host again , now I see a new thing called “unlock bins”

I’m now put off for another few months
    Time is precious

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  9. Filip

Filip Registered

I don't think it is possible to retroupdate other tracks to use visual mesh for road surface without laser scanning and doing the track from scratch.

10. Depco

Depco Registered

Why would the unlock feature put you off for a couple months. The unlock feature takes 4-5 Minutes to do. This is mostly to do with running a single player session to set the unlock file that gets uploaded to the server.

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Ok thanks , although I have zero idea what all this means but it does sound truely exhilarating

Seven Smiles likes this.
  12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I have no idea what either of you are talking about :(

misi and Adrianstealth like this.
  13. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

What it’s bin day today,shite,I missed them

JimmyT likes this.
  14. kimbo

kimbo Registered

Please S-397, do not make a Nordschleife mod with this same quality and technology, I would become a sick addict and lose all social life

Grey, Alessio Feletto, misi and 2 others like this.
  15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

the bins are locked ,so we cant get any rubbish in them anyhow , as Ive mentioned all seems nonsense

patchedupdemon likes this.
  16. Depco

Depco Registered

Ah.... I see. Something got lost in translation.. We call "bins" by their proper name.... garbage cans. Won't find any garbage files to unlock around here. So we won't have any of this confusion nonsense.

JimmyT and Adrianstealth like this.
  17. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Thanks, I thought about that later last night and was going to give it a shot when I get home today. :rolleyes: I feel a little embarrassed for not thinking of it sooner. :oops:
    Pretty sure that's what is missing.
    Thanks again.:)
    @Goanna should I delete the old ones first or can I just re-generate as per the guide?

18. Goanna

Goanna Registered

To be honest, I'm not sure...I delete all the bin files from home comp and the server every time I put new paid content on our server and then follow the guide to create new ones, haven't tried with the older bin files still there.

JimmyT likes this.
  19. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

$10.50 for one track? :/ I understand it's laser scanned and you guys put a lot of work into it, but damn... More expensive than any other sim.

ChiefWiggum and Atsuki like this.
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@SL1DE One track, but unlimited* laps! :p

It's something for sale. It's worth what people will pay for it. You can probably wait for a sale.

Wait, more expensive than any other sim? Is that true?

*Actually time-limited. Unless you're immortal.