Not showing another cars in server online

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Viktor Jim, May 27, 2022.

1. grudevart

grudevart Registered

I have similar problems. When try to participate in multiplayer session, garage loads, other cars load and I see message "Connection lost" and game disconnects. I have no issues with CS Rookie practice server, yesterday i have connected to S397 BTCC server, but today fail.
    My network connection is fiber 500Mb/s download, 50Mb/s upload and ping 5 m/s when server is near(I'm from Poland), about 30-50 m/s for servers in Europe. Noticed that I have high ping 120-200 m/s when connecting to servers in US and Asia, and very high about 400 when connecting to AWS servers. This problem starts with latest update v1128.
    I even try to install other game like CS:GO, and there I have no problem with connecting to server, and ping on Europe servers is about 50.

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  2. tchodz

tchodz Registered

Well, I'll post how I solved it. I live in Brazil, and around here the ISPput the CGNAT, I called my ISP and requested a valid ip. They charged me a fee but now I see the cars online.
    So here's a tip for programmers, this only occurs in rfactor2.

Kresh and nonamenow like this.
  3. Ruben Casal

Ruben Casal Registered

I was there, and I havent any problem with the cars...I have other problem, the delta bar...‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️

4. grudevart

grudevart Registered

Thx for suggestion, yesterday I've installed Leauge of Legends, and Apex Legends to test my internet connection and this two games work like a charm, so definitely problem with rFactor2, also I've tried fresh rF2 install. So I must wait for devs to sort this out, because before v1128 update I don't have this kind of problem for nearly a year.

5. grudevart

grudevart Registered

As @tchodz suggests, when I connect to VPN(static IP), all the problems with "Connection lost" disappear. Strange behavior from rFactor2 after update.

6. Kresh

Kresh Registered

So nothing from the DEVs yet. I guess I am forced to just give up on this game as it is unplayable for me online. This is a real shame but I have had enough, I am spending more time trying to make it work than actually driving the thing. :eek:

7. grudevart

grudevart Registered

I have the same feeling as you. Using VPN also don't help 100% because after some time driving I get "synchronizing..." message and then Connection lost. There's old workaround for this by pinning every minute or so, to prevent closing ports, and this bug goes back randomly sometimes with updates. I've also waste too much time on just trying to solve this issiue by changing setting in game, in my router, system and also trying to resolve this problem with IPS.

Kresh likes this.
  8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

They have said they are working on it. Guessing they haven't found the cause yet. It's become a bit of a challenge for me now. Even to the point of changing modem settings to try and replicate. They'll get to the bottom of it eventually.

Kresh likes this.
  9. Kresh

Kresh Registered

I have the same problem with VPN also, it doesn't work.

We can only hope they do fix it eventually. Nothing else we can do right now.

nonamenow likes this.
  10. Gustavo Skalla de Lacerda

Gustavo Skalla de Lacerda Registered

i had the same problem yesterday...
    before yesterday everything was ok
    but since yesterday i have this problem when i try to play on-line
    i'm waiting for fix

11. Gustavo Skalla de Lacerda

Gustavo Skalla de Lacerda Registered

now i deleted multiplayer.json file and RF2 created the file again with some changes, apparently it work..if you can try too and send the feedback

Attached Files:

12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Some things seem to work temporarily but then revert back to the issue.
    Steps taken by one user: (Kresh)
    Replace .jsons (also sent all his files to me which I swapped into my game with no issues.)
    Re-install rF2.
    Re-install Steam and rF2.
    Install Steam and rF2 on another computer (never been installed before.)
    Clear Steam download and cloud caches.
    Different internet connection.
    All have failed. (there was success for a short time but quickly reverted back to the issue)

13. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello no player or connection lost is probably often linked to the server not uploading anything.
    Only the list of players connected ...
    Try something. In your Multiplayer.JSON, modify these lines :
    Code:
    "Downstream Rated KBPS":20000,
    "Upstream Rated KBPS":20000,
    If problem stays, that is not a bandwidth problem.
    I often see people putting strange values for these parameters
    like mixing upload and download or inappropriate values.
    Try'n'see.

14. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

For Brazilian users, we think the issue is that an ISP has blocked the ports we use for multiplayer.

15. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

Hi, I did this procedure and it works again.

DJCruicky likes this.
  16. Adrian Redman

Adrian Redman Registered

Hey..

It seems to me that no one is blaming 397 for this issue.
    Every comment I've read on this subject talks of ppl resetting the software on their own machine, and blaming themselves for something that was totally out of their control. And had ever happened before.

Our group have been racing successfully in many class of cars enjoying private Championships for several years. We LOVE RF2. It has the best physics out of all the racing sims. We choose it over iRacing anyday.
    UNTIL, 397 introduced an update to the IR18 and the Formula Pro with these 'Test' cars. We looked forward to the sparks, the change down protection, they looked great. Until we fired up another multi session, and it went tumbling in a heap. Cars dropping out, couldn't change out of first gear... So we rolled back to various Betas, some worked, some didn't, so we dumped the test cars and went back to earlier versions. That worked for a few months, but even now, it is impossible to race together with the IR18's as it has become so unstable. Even the most meek of our team rage quitted on Monday.
    So, it pains us to do this, but we're thinking of going across to another sim. UNLESS, someone here can suggest something that takes all our troubles away...

Thanks in advance,
    Faarnsey.

DanRZ and grudevart like this.
  17. atilim97

atilim97 Registered

I'm having the same problem. When I enter the server, other cars are not visible. I have this problem only on rf2. why don't the developers find a solution?

18. grudevart

grudevart Registered

From today i have valid permanent IP address from my ISP, and all problems with connection lost, loading players, and synchronizing went away.
    Thanks @tchodz, for some hints.

tchodz likes this.
  19. Paul Harwood

Paul Harwood Registered

'Lost connection' message after a few minutes connected to online servers. Have set rF2 connection settings as per my isp speed test.
    What else can I try?
    PH

20. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

My advice, don't use full speed parameters in the settings, you won't get 800 Mbps up and down from server. And you will probably kill a server badly set with those full speeds.

Use some more appropriate values like 10 Mbps up and down, not more ... That is already a huge value.

And when disconnected, afterward, launch a single player and check history in the chat' box (aka Message Center), there can be some explanations on the disconnection of the previous session ...

One example can be the use of local skins where it's not allowed, you will be kicked for inconsistent data and get a lost connection.